• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Hey all,

I was lucky enough to be first for roady's coop offering but the thing is big enough that I'm having trouble finding a trailer to move it. Does anyone have a deckover or standard trailer that's 8' wide and 16' long? I'm open to renting it from you or renting your services to complete the move. Looking to move it in the next couple of weeks on a Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks,
    Jeff

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    How far are you looking to move it? I recently hired a towing company to move a shed a very short distance on their rollback for me and it worked out great.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    From where to where? I may be able help with my truck and trailer.

OrangeSpear,

I am on the shore in Greensboro MD 21639 about 35-40 minutes from bridge. I believe the coop needs to be taken to Highland in Howard County. If I looked at it right it is roughly 75 miles.

The coop is 8' wide 16' long and 11' high to top of roof. You would be able to back right up to the coop. Plenty of room in my yard for truck and trailer.

Here is a picture

Attachments

• 1367687318180A.jpg
      1367687318180A.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 191
    • 20140914_142141A.jpg
      20140914_142141A.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 190

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Whoever gets it is getting one HELL of a deal!!!!! even it it cost a couple of hundred bucks to move it, you will NEVER build one that cheaply. Been there, done that! 3 times.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    From where to where? I may be able help with my truck and trailer.

OrangeSpear, roady has it right: Highland 20777. If you can do it let me know what you think it'll run.

Whoever gets it is getting one HELL of a deal!!!!! even it it cost a couple of hundred bucks to move it, you will NEVER build one that cheaply. Been there, done that! 3 times.

I completely agree. I'm stoked. Way better coop than I could build regardless of the cost. Very excited to get back to chickens and with the Taj Mahal to boot.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    A rollback is too tall. If the peak is 11', your max height without a permit is 13'6", which leaves you needing a trailer with a deck height lower than 2'6". The lowest rollback I've seen was 42" deck height. A lowboy semi-trailer could do it.

Pick the moving day carefully if going over the Bay Bridge with that sail on a trailer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom