• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Its been awhile since we've had a AK discussion. I was never able to add a US Made AK to my collection and wondering if anyone has the Centurion C-39, suppose to be made from all US made parts and assemble in the US. I've had a few Century Arms Int. assembled AK's with some US Made parts based on 922r compliance. I got rid of my WaSR's but kept my Polish 1960 which is a great AK.

Anyone have the Centurion C-39 or other US made AKM's?? The C-39 has a milled receiver, not sure who mfg the receiver??

Attachments

• Centurion C39.jpg
      Centurion C39.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 422

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are not assembled by Century but I havent heard any good (or majorly bad) issues about them. Only they dont have a chrome barrel (or didnt).

Its also milled, which really doesnt do anything but add weight but has the cool retro AK look. Plus cant resist the US flag milled into the side.

Now that pricing has dropped to "earth" on them I would buy one if I was in a free state. Routinely see them offered for $599.

Particularly awesome in green laminate!

centurion39black1.jpg

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I would never buy a U.S. made ak with sooooo many factory built Com-block options. I would only buy one if all importation was cut off. Buy a Arsenal, Saiga or Serbian gun. the M92 and m85 pistols are really nice

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    To be honest I really just want one for the fact that it IS US made.

My solution has always been all of the above.

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    Century may have gotten it right with the C-39. i would make a few changes to it if i had one: surplus hammer spring, correct dust cover for milled AK. people seem to like them.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Dang. I love my Zastava Pap and Waffen Werks Bulgy but I would have LOVED to add a US made one to the group!
    I gotta get outta here.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    waffen works is no more so I hope it stays good they got so crappy on QC there at the end

What?!?! I did not hear that! I did begin to start reading that there were issues with the newer batches they were putting together. Dang, i guess I am glad I got one of thier earlier builds.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a Century Centurion and it is very accurate and has been 100% reliable. The attached pic is an online file photo.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
      images.jpeg
      10.1 KB · Views: 129

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    What?!?! I did not hear that! I did begin to start reading that there were issues with the newer batches they were putting together. Dang, i guess I am glad I got one of thier earlier builds.

all of their tooling and warranty work was purchased by DDI. the new rifles DDI is producing will still be marked Waffen Werks until all of the WW contracts are fulfilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom