• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    While the PSL is an overgrown AKM, it's parts don t interchange with an AK.. I see your AR- AR 10 point.

Same goes for the YugoM76, VEpr AND Saigas.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The parts interchangeability test is vastly easier to apply when you have a specific firearm listed. It's hard to figure out where "all forms" ends in order to then apply the parts interchangeability test.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    So far everything is clear as mud. Some say it is legal in md others say it isn't. And some say cash and carry others said it was regulated .

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I believe it's being treated as banned by everyone. At least I've yet to see a shop selling one. You can on the other hand get a Vepr in 7.62x54r, as a few shops have been selling those. The Vepr is going to be a better rifle for the money anyway.

Edit: Just saw your second post. There is no such thing as a regulated rifle in MD anymore. It's either banned or cash and carry.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    The parts interchangeability test is vastly easier to apply when you have a specific firearm listed. It's hard to figure out where "all forms" ends in order to then apply the parts interchangeability test.

Just curious. If parts interchangeability is the test, why is the SR556 banned? Do we know which parts need to interchange with the "banned" rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I like the looks of the PSL and is one I would like to add to my 7.62x54r rifle collection but if I can't get a clear answer and at right price I will have to let that slot stay vacant.

I am sure the laws where written to confuse everyone and detur people from buying guns that liberal md doesn't like.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I thought I heard Duffy's would/was selling them? I thought it fell under the 'parts did not interchange' and heavy barrel exemptions.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just curious. If parts interchangeability is the test, why is the SR556 banned? Do we know which parts need to interchange with the "banned" rifle?
    \

Parts interchangeability is for whether a given firearm is a copy or imitation of a banned firearm.

AKs are banned in ALL forms. So no copy or imitation test.

There are some that MSP say are banned, are not, but no one has questioned them. One was recently reversed, as it was a piston rifle.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    \

Parts interchangeability is for whether a given firearm is a copy or imitation of a banned firearm.

AKs are banned in ALL forms. So no copy or imitation test.

There are some that MSP say are banned, are not, but no one has questioned them. One was recently reversed, as it was a piston rifle.

Ah, well it wasn't the Ruger SR556 or the Sig 516. I have a 516 upper but now have to find one of my pre13 lowers and swap it - and the stock, grip and trigger. ****ing stupid. I really need to get out of this state for my own sanity. It's not just the incomprehensible gun laws, but a whole host of other crap too. It's nearly daily frustration with something or another.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    As my last act of defiance toward the Governor I purchased a PSL from Lou45.

Attachments

• P1010085 (2).jpg
      P1010085 (2).jpg
      199.2 KB · Views: 373

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    So in the case of my Sig 516...The below bulletin clearly states that it must look like AND have completely interchangeable internal components for FULL function. The 516 clearly fails the second part of that test (and I'm not sure what the first part even means :shrug: ). Even if they consider the Colt 6940P to be an "enumerated assault weapon" it would fail the second part. I don't want further clarification from the state, I'm just saying that they don't even follow their own guidelines. I'd challenge it if I knew how.

https://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Fy2Q8TuDX0M=&tabid=961&mid=2764

At least that stupid shell casing requirement is now gone...:roll eyes: :party29:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    the only part that interchanges on a PSL and any other gun is a single hook AK trigger ... but if the restriction is on the "action", which is a description of function rather than fit, it would clearly be banned regardless of the lack interchanging of parts

PSL

May 26, 2015
    I am also looking into buying one PSL. Is it firm about whether it is banned or not?
    I researched this forum, and found at least one FFL can do transfer. The question is what would happen if i got one and transferred through a FFL, then it is confirmed that PSL is indeed banned?
    Thanks!

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I'll toss my two-cents in. The Dragunov is banned, but it states QUITE SPECIFICALLY that only the Chinese-made one is banned. I have seen absolutely nothing that bans a PSL in any way, shape, or form.

Mind you, I'm using the same list snallygaster posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom