• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I got a ruger american in 22 LR last year. Love it so much I got another one in 17. Very much wpth looking at. Nice flush fit rotary mag, super accurate. Also, if you get the short barrel, you can still get the full size stock butt for about $20 if needed. I sold my savage 17 to get the ruger. I suspect the 22mag will be a shooter as well.
    Pablo

This.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Several choices.

Maybe pick up a CZ rifle with extra barrels. You can easily swap barrels and switch from .22LR, to .17, to .22 Mag (have to pull a filler block out of the mag well and need new mags).

This for bolt action, model 455 of a model 512 for SA action. Can't beat them.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Several choices.

Maybe pick up a CZ rifle with extra barrels. You can easily swap barrels and switch from .22LR, to .17, to .22 Mag (have to pull a filler block out of the mag well and need new mags).

Or be forewarned because instead of swapping barrels, you might wind up buying two! That's what I wound up doing with the 455. They're both shooters.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've shot three Marlin box magazine 22 Magnum rifles and each one was a great shooter. I plan in getting one when I find the right deal at the right time. Matter of fact, every Marlin rimfire I have shot has shot well.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I have a CZ512 in stock... Cool little semi auto rifle... 22 Mag is my ground hog gun....Cant tell you how many have fallen to that gun..:)

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Got a Savage bolt gun that is my ground hog/dog killer. One shot kill 95% of the time (5% is me not hitting the target correctly). Great round even have a Hi Standard derringer in the same caliper (sweet pocket gun). Chris

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have a CZ512 in stock... Cool little semi auto rifle... 22 Mag is my ground hog gun....Cant tell you how many have fallen to that gun..:)

Thank you sir, but I think I'll look for a Savage or Marlin.

akkiller

live free or die
    Jan 10, 2011
    walkersville
    I have a cz 455 that is sweet and the old work horse marlin 25mn I have had for years. The with the cz 455 you can change the cal. by switching barrels 22lr,22mag,17 mach 2, 17 hmr.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have a cz 455 that is sweet and the old work horse marlin 25mn I have had for years. The with the cz 455 you can change the cal. by switching barrels 22lr,22mag,17 mach 2, 17 hmr.

Wow, didn't know they had started making a M2 barrel. Now it's definitely a poor man's Quad:)

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD

I bought that CZ512 from Hog Sniper and I can tell you that it gives my Savage 93GL a good run for the money. I liked the CZ so much that I also got one in 22LR.

Here is a recent comparison between the Savage and the CZ (I'll do a comparison between the Ruger 10/22 and the CZ512 22LR next week);

Attachments

• Savage 93GL vs CZ 512.jpg
      Savage 93GL vs CZ 512.jpg
      85.7 KB · Views: 202

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads