• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I have been looking to pick up a cheap keltec rifle for the longest time and never find them in stock anywhere. What is up with this company? Do they actually produce firearms in large numbers or what? Some if their designs are kinda cool but I only ever see them on gun broker with the price jacked way up. I'd love to hear from someone who owns a sub 2k or the 223 rifle to know if its worth my time looking for one.

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    I had a sub2k in .40, it was awesome as heck and I sure miss the crap out of it. Worth the 450$ I paid, I would pay like 700$ for one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good question they do exist but msrp is 80s style

Shame they are plastic junk assembled with sheet metal screws but they go bang

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Good question they do exist but msrp is 80s style

Shame they are plastic junk assembled with sheet metal screws but they go bang

Yeah cheap junk... Junk that goes BANG and just keeps on going BANG. In fact they are so junky that their owners won't let go of them to all of the folks who are begging for them. The owners must be protecting the shoppers from the junk. Yeah that's it... The owners are protecting the shoppers. :lol2:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Bought my Sub 2000 40 cal Glock model at below MSRP before Newtown. Not a chance of finding any of their stuff at MSRP now. For a "cheap piece of crap" I wouldn't sell at 2x the price. They work.

HondoMD

Mar 8, 2011
    I have both the sub 9 (had that one for several years) and recently purchased an SU-16 from Gary at High Rock Outfitters.... give him a call because he gets them in every now and then.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I had a SU16CA and it was okay. I didn't fall in love with it. It was neat, folded in half, very light, very handy but jammed a lot when I first got it. I did some polishing, changed the charging handle and extractor and spring to make it run better. Not too hard to clean, takes AR mags, and two 10rdrs lock into the stock. I sold it to a member here when 5.56/.223 became impossible to fine. They are fun rifles, but in a worst case scenario, I could not trust my life with it. I had a hang up about needing a metal gun. I do miss it, but I think they are crazy overpriced, mine included. I was hesitant about selling mine, so I sold it as a package and priced on the higher side to give some wiggle room, but it was gone in 30 minutes after listing. They are fun, and a handy alternative to an AR. I may look into getting another later on if they ever make .223 ammo again.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Does the OAL of the sub 2k come in too short for a post october purchase? Keltec has it listed at 29.5 inches I cant remember what the new requirement is in the quagmire of new laws.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I bought my Sub2k (glock 17 version) from Gun Connection in early 2012 for $365. And yes, it's worth looking for one.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    their MSRP is a myth, never seen one sold at it.

This. Aside from their SU-22 (and even then, very rarely), I've never seen a Kel-Tec gun selling for anywhere near MSRP.

Their products would be great if you could buy them at MSRP. They're designed, and marketed as, inexpensive, lightweight firearms. But at the same price as higher quality (and easier to find) firearms? No thanks.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This. Aside from their SU-22 (and even then, very rarely), I've never seen a Kel-Tec gun selling for anywhere near MSRP.

Their products would be great if you could buy them at MSRP. They're designed, and marketed as, inexpensive, lightweight firearms. But at the same price as higher quality (and easier to find) firearms? No thanks.

You are saying their reputation exceeds them? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom