• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    So, long story short. I just got a new Infiniti Q 50 hybrid sport and apparently the dealership screwed up and canceled my tags and registration.

So needless to say the officer was a little nervous as he approached my vehicle thinking something was wrong. Interestingly enough though when I presented him with my ID and my carry permit he seemed to relax.

He asked me where my gun was I told him on my 4 o'clock. He asked me if I was retired police or ex-military and I said no, just a business owner.

He went back to his car for about five minutes then came back with a printed out warning for me to fix my registration and license plate issue. All in all a very easy-going stop.

I should also note I was going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and he never mentioned that.

This was in Howard county by the way

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    You gave him the secret I'm carrying code word...right??

"Rosebud" dammit " Rosebud"!!!!!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Permit to carry in Maryland.... Whats that? Who do you know?

Most people don't mention it in person. My Doctor and I were at Delmarva yesterday and the Range Master was talking to us about how he has only met one person with a MD carry permit. He was talking to 2 with permits. We didn't say anything.

I thought you were supposed to yell, "I GOTTA GUN!" Isn't that the correct code?

no,no first you yell I GOT A GUN Then you hold up the gun with your finger off of trigger and yell," I know how to use it" showing you have the safety still on.This will assure him that he knows he is safe and calls more cops to show them you had the proper md/nra safety training. Learned that on the internet!.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom