• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    All, I got my form 1 returned to me this afternoon for 2 reasons:
    1. Verify model is same as stamped on the receiver (I listed AR15 as there was nothing for model on the receiver itself)
    2. Date the application (I cant believe I did that :banghead:)

Quick question:
    1. I found out what the model number is from the vendor's website, even though its not listed on the receiver, should I list this opposed to what I have, AR15?
    2. Do I back date the application or mark it as the date I made the corrections (today)

I also assume I go to the bottom of the pile when this happens.....

Thanks.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, use the model number from the website as long as you are sure its right.
    Date it the actual date you sign it. You won't be put at the bottom of the stack. I had a correction come back a few months ago and I received the approved forms 2 months later.

-Jim

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Thanks Jim, I appreciate he assistance. Single line with initials and date of correction? I'm assuming I need to send this certified mail just to be safe as well?

Also, it took them 2 months from when you sent the forms back to them? I mean at this point what else is the hold up? I would think they would either approve or deny once he forms were corrected and returned to them.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I wouldn't actually correct the Form 1, I'd print out a new one, fill it out right, and send 2 copies in.

I'm fairly certain that they are using interns to do error checking, so you probably got flagged as an error before you ever hit the examiner. That's why it takes some time. It used to be quicker, and who knows how they are doing things now, so take 2 months with a grain of salt.

-Jim

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I wouldn't actually correct the Form 1, I'd print out a new one, fill it out right, and send 2 copies in.

I'm fairly certain that they are using interns to do error checking, so you probably got flagged as an error before you ever hit the examiner. That's why it takes some time. It used to be quicker, and who knows how they are doing things now, so take 2 months with a grain of salt.

-Jim

There is a case number printed across the top of both forms and was instructed to line out any incorrect information, write in the correct info, and initial the change. New forms would not have been stamped with the case number and I would rather follow the directions than take a chance considering it was submitted in June 2013.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    There is a case number printed across the top of both forms and was instructed to line out any incorrect information, write in the correct info, and initial the change. New forms would not have been stamped with the case number and I would rather follow the directions than take a chance considering it was submitted in June 2013.
    Ah.. well that's easy then. I didn't know there were instructions included on how to correct the forms. When I did my (1) correction I didn't get any instructions so just sent in a new form.

-Jim

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    *UPDATE*

Form 1 was returned to me with Stamp attached and approved as of 4-4-14!!! Just pulled the trigger on a Daniel Defense MK18 complete upper! Really pumped right now!

A bit of history. The stripped lower was purchased as ) pre Oct 1 ban. So any questions regarding if the ATF would approve a pre Oct stripped lower have been answered at this time.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Wow, that was fast. Awesome!

Oddly enough I got a correction back today. I now see the strike through and correct instructions. Man this Form one is going to look awful when I get it back, they yellow highlighted my error...

-Jim

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Wow, that was fast. Awesome!

Oddly enough I got a correction back today. I now see the strike through and correct instructions. Man this Form one is going to look awful when I get it back, they yellow highlighted my error...

-Jim

Man get those corrections done and get that baby back in the mail!!! It was almost two weeks to till today and I have the stamp in hand.

I thought the same thing when I was making the corrections but that big stamp attached sure makes it all better! Good luck, not long now!

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Man get those corrections done and get that baby back in the mail!!! It was almost two weeks to till today and I have the stamp in hand.

I thought the same thing when I was making the corrections but that big stamp attached sure makes it all better! Good luck, not long now!

I did, sent the form back on the 8th, it was approved on the 14th and arrived today the 16th! Now that is fast.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom