• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kerplooey

Jul 29, 2008
    Nunyabidness
    So, I received my Utah Permit Renewal in the mail the other day, and it states that due to a rules change in 2011, that if I hold a nonresident Utah Permit, I must hold a Permit in my state of residence in order to renew. I've seen where others have renewed with no issue as of April of this year. Has anyone else had to deal with this nonsense? If so, how do you get around it? :mad54:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• ut.jpg
      ut.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 1,118

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    So, I received my Utah Permit Renewal in the mail the other day, and it states that due to a rules change in 2011, that if I hold a nonresident Utah Permit, I must hold a Permit in my state of residence in order to renew. I've seen where others have renewed with no issue as of April of this year. Has anyone else had to deal with this nonsense? If so, how do you get around it? :mad54:

Read the notice again. Maryland does not recognize the Utah permit. Therefore a Maryland resident is exempt from this requirement.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    I have over 2 years left on my current one with Utah but they did explain this in great detail way back when I went through this process to get it in the first place. Its all good!

Except that we should be allowed to carry in Maryland in the first effin place!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't know what the process would be. I don't even think there is a statute dealing with who decides reciprocity.

MD never had any need for it.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    If Frosh really wanted to go dry on us he would recognize reciprocity with Utah

The Constitutionality of setting up Reciprocity with any state and denying Maryland residents would not hold up in court. It would be a gross miscalculation of justice. How could you justify "Good and Substantial reasoning with someone who has no dealing with in the boundaries that Maryland Controls. I still don't understand why someone has not argued that to deny a right to BARE arms that there most be a concrete criteria. To deny someone a civil right with subjective reasoning is against the law with every other of the 13 Amendments. You can not argue that someone need a Good and substantial reason to vote or have the freedom of religion, but when it comes to right of self defense(baring arms) it is okay?!?!:crazy:

Yes Frosh would deny us the right to carry on a UTAH permit but would then open himself up to a civil rights law suit that he would surely lose!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Read the 10A. MD should control what happens within it's borders if the Constitution does not give the Federal Govt the authority, which it does not.

So MD gets to decide.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Read the 10A. MD should control what happens within it's borders if the Constitution does not give the Federal Govt the authority, which it does not.

So MD gets to decide.

Did you miss the part of the Constitution called the Second Amendment? It is rather clear that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right that no government, federal, state, or local, can infringe. The fact that all have done so does not negate the amendment. There should be no issue of reciprocity for rights that are guaranteed in the Constitution, because there should be no permits in the first place.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have over 2 years left on my current one with Utah but they did explain this in great detail way back when I went through this process to get it in the first place. Its all good!

Except that we should be allowed to carry in Maryland in the first effin place!

Heartily concur on both points!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The Constitutionality of setting up Reciprocity with any state and denying Maryland residents would not hold up in court. It would be a gross miscalculation of justice. How could you justify "Good and Substantial reasoning with someone who has no dealing with in the boundaries that Maryland Controls. I still don't understand why someone has not argued that to deny a right to BARE arms that there most be a concrete criteria. To deny someone a civil right with subjective reasoning is against the law with every other of the 13 Amendments. You can not argue that someone need a Good and substantial reason to vote or have the freedom of religion, but when it comes to right of self defense(baring arms) it is okay?!?!:crazy:

Yes Frosh would deny us the right to carry on a UTAH permit but would then open himself up to a civil rights law suit that he would surely lose!

But Maryland is a Shall Issue state. It says so in the law. It's just our pesky State Police (or is it Police State? I always get those two mixed up...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom