Kidnapped in broad daylight....and no one does a thing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'd suspect that would be a common response. When stress hits, "fail" probably occurs even more often than fight or flight.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The comment of the one guy near the end who did something about it is telling, when he said "sometimes even if you get in trouble, you've got to do the right thing."

That's it right there, a society so browbeaten by statist brainwashing, they automatically assume they're not supposed to do anything to stand up for themselves or anyone else, regardless of the reason.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    It doesn't surprise me. How many stories do we see where a bank employee or a store employee or someone like that intervenes and stops a robbery only to be fired immediately?
    A lot of the people witnessing this probably wonder "what will happen to me if I involve myself? A law suit? Jail? A fine?" It's the shit society that's been created. Welcome to the new world.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    It doesn't surprise me. How many stories do we see where a bank employee or a store employee or someone like that intervenes and stops a robbery only to be fired immediately?
    A lot of the people witnessing this probably wonder "what will happen to me if I involve myself? A law suit? Jail? A fine?" It's the shit society that's been created. Welcome to the new world.

Isn't this the sad truth! The way I figure it is I'll take my ass kickin if I have to but I'm gonna stand up for what I know is right, even if I'm standing by myself.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm surpised I didn't see everyone whip out thier Ithings to record it.

Knowing it was staged made it kind of funny to watch the little guy struggle to carry the "victim" off.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek

I am sure some people thought it was some kind of a joke to put on youtube. That is probably why the police didn't do anything. Then You hear about people that try to help someone that is injured but instead of being rewarded they are sued.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    We are seeing the "incident" from before it occurs through to the reaction of the people. In some of the scenes, people became aware after the chloroform was used. Then it's just a goy carrying his passed out or drunk gf or something. Less suspicion at that point. Less cause to get involved. Some people saw the whole thing, many did not.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    this is a comment I took off of the video, and I believe this to be the main reason:

"Chloroform doesn't instantly work as soon as it touches your mouth, you have to actually inhale a sufficient amount to be rendered unconscious. Also, no one that knows what they're doing would attempt to snatch someone in the middle of public in broad daylight. Maybe if this was more realistic people would have actually reacted."

Society is totally different these days, I just watched a guy and his girl friend walking down the middle of the street yesterday filming a video on her cell phone. He waited for traffic to clear took his shirt off and was walking down the street flexing. This behavior is typical now, so watching this terribly staged abduction in the middle of a crowd would most likely appear to be a prank to the majority of folks. Not to mention these guys are just running down the street with no apparent means to get away......... If it was staged better I think you would have seen a lot more involvement!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    she did stop struggling amazingly fast, if she had yelled help, or fire, she would probably gotten more assistance.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    At least from what was shown it looked really hokey, I'd be thinking Japanese prank show more so than an actual crime, and good thing too, all it takes is a single person in the right place and right time, and we would probably be reading about one of us committing a hate crime against some jackwagon's "performance art".

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    What I want to know, is how many times it was filmed, and if they are only showing the times where no one did anything. Of course that doesn't make it right in those instances where no one did anything.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You know it looks like a prank...

1. Not aggressive enough
    2. Not enough time for the chloroform to work.

3. No attempt to flee quickly.

4. Not enough screening.

5. No attempt to hide identity before or after.

6. Poor carry technique.

Now I wonder how this would go if it were well played.

I wonder if they would try this in Texas.. ..???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom