• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jabberwalkie

May 25, 2014
    Lately I've been going to the range on a weekly basis. On Target has a membership for the hefty price of $200. Fiscally I guess its worth getting unlimited range time but I feel for that kind of money I should be getting more then just unlimited access. I looked into the Fort Meade club, which is only $25 but they share the range with many government factions and they only have time for their members once a month.

What I'm looking for is a place I can Fire a pistol, small bore rifle as well as the heavy long guns. Preferably with access 5-7 days a week. It would be nice if the club offered classes if not free for a reduced price. Plus, at the ranges I have been to everyone is there to do their own thing. It would be kind of neat to have test days where several types of firearms are available to send a few down range with. Does anyone know of a club that offers this or am I asking too much?

johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    Get in with Ft Meade and use the AGC range. AGC is 150 a year. You probably spend more money eating crap junk food.

Suck it up. Ranges in my area are 300+ so AGC was my ticket to a great range.

50yrd
    100yrd
    200yrd

And more...

- mobile

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I pay $89 a year for student membership for BCC-IWLA. Regular membership is only twice that. It's not range membership, but BCC-IWLA membership. You have access to the whole property, including camping and hunting. You still have to pay $7 each time you use the rifle & pistol range, and you can only use the range when it's staffed by RO's on weekends from April through December. However, if you become a range officer, you can open the range when it's not otherwise open, and you shoot for free. I just became a range officer, so I will be taking full advantage of that over the summer.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I find any of the clubs at the AGC to be a great value. I am biased to my club (Monumental) but any of the other 28 clubs offers a shooter a range that supports a 50 yd pistol, 100 yd rifle, 200yd high power rifle/pistol silhouette, trap and archery range all for under $200 per year.

johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    Thanks john, I've been looking into AGC. Just need to pull the proverbial trigger and get it done.

Its a nice open range. It took me about six months to pull the trigger too. I had to come to terms with the annual fee as well. That's why I said suck it up :) I had to hear it too, to help pull the trigger.

They are strict but that's what I like about AGC.

- mobile

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I'm another who recommends AGC and affiliated club. Factor in a pair of boots or galoshes as another cost of membership though. :)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Thanks john, I've been looking into AGC. Just need to pull the proverbial trigger and get it done.

With the AGC you can shoot all day, every day (except for Christmas Day, New Years Day and 1/2 day on Thanksgiving) from 8am (9am on weekends) until dark. And you can take guests anytime, for free.
    100 and 200 yard rifle ranges, 50 yard pistol range, 4 trap fields and an archery field. If you procrastinate a little bit and wait until July 1st to get your range badge you will only pay $75 for the balance of the year.

You will need to join one of the affiliated clubs first and do a range orientation. Do it, you won't regret it.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I joined Adams County Sport Handgun Assoc. They are near Gettysburg. Lifetime was 245. They have pistol, rifle, shotgun and are NFA friendly. They even have a fun-house for tactical work. You need to be sponsored by a member to join but it's a great club. You can basically shoot whenever you like. I have been the only person there many times

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I joined SLCFSA, south of Lancaster, PA.

Two rifle ranges. One to 100 yards, the other to 300 yards. Two pistol ranges, each 50 yards, one allows shotgun. A number of bays for action shooting. Archery range.

They run various event, such as CMP type matches, vintage sniper matches, PA steel shoots, etc.

$50 per year. :)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How much do you pay the range per shooting session?

$10.00 a week times 52 weeks is $520.00

I gladly pay my indoor range membership fee.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I shoot on Private Property mostly, but I do belong to a PA club. I think its $55 a year.

I know another PA club a few hours away that costs $10/year, 600 yard rifle range, and all the other regular amenities plus trap and a skeet field.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Joining a club, any club does a couple things for you that you won't get shooting on private property, or going to a 'public' range (like OnTarget).

First, with your membership you are automatically part of a fraternity, where you will be expected to conduct yourself according to their established traditions. This is much like the customs and courtesies found in the military and some large police departments. Being part of something bigger than oneself is a very rewarding and builds character. It's called a club for a reason.

Secondly, the time and money you spend supporting that club translates to maintaining shooting sports, exercising your Second Amendment rights, and ultimately protecting our way of life.

There are many other reasons, put I'll point out one more that might not so readily come to mind - value. The clubs I belong to, and frequently shoot with often have bulletin boards where people post guns for sale, ammo, accessories. I also get valuable tips, advice and information from my shooting buddies; stuff you won't read about in this forum, or anyplace else for that matter. Many clubs have special shooting events that cost little or nothing; and there's a good chance you would never know about it if you weren't a member.

My advice: join a club or two. Most clubs in Maryland will qualify you for an AGC badge. Attend some meetings, attend some of the special shooting events and always, always, always be on your best behavior. :)

There are a lot of reasons to own firearms; such as, target shooting, hunting, competition, recreation, collecting, and protecting your family. Be safe.

freedom0818.jpg

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I joined SLCFSA, south of Lancaster, PA.

Two rifle ranges. One to 100 yards, the other to 300 yards. Two pistol ranges, each 50 yards, one allows shotgun. A number of bays for action shooting. Archery range.

They run various event, such as CMP type matches, vintage sniper matches, PA steel shoots, etc.

$50 per year. :)

I belong to this one, as does my wife! :party29:

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I find any of the clubs at the AGC to be a great value. I am biased to my club (Monumental) but any of the other 28 clubs offers a shooter a range that supports a 50 yd pistol, 100 yd rifle, 200yd high power rifle/pistol silhouette, trap and archery range all for under $200 per year.

I, like Micheal, am partial to Monumental. He's the one that convinced me to join. It didn't take much.

If your concerned about the range badge fee of $150.00. You can always volunteer a few hours a week at the trap range. You get credits toward your next years range badge. If you work a total of 40 hours next years badge is essentially no cost out of pocket. I won't say free because you have volunteered your time.

jabberwalkie

May 25, 2014
    Looked at AGC website. Holy moly, I was blown away with their range. Offering 50yrd, 100yrd, 200yrd and trap it is almost a shooters meca. I will be definitely joining the closes affiliated club and getting the range bad before the summer weather is gone. Dreaming of a day I can shoot the rifle in the morning and trap in the afternoon. Do they sell targets and ammo on site and maybe rent firearms if I want to bring a guest that doesn't own one?

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    They sell targets but there isn't a great selection, actually it's pretty darn slim. They don't rent firearms and as far as I know the only ammo they sell are the targets loads for trap.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Looked at AGC website. Holy moly, I was blown away with their range. Offering 50yrd, 100yrd, 200yrd and trap it is almost a shooters meca. I will be definitely joining the closes affiliated club and getting the range bad before the summer weather is gone. Dreaming of a day I can shoot the rifle in the morning and trap in the afternoon. Do they sell targets and ammo on site and maybe rent firearms if I want to bring a guest that doesn't own one?

They sell trap ammo and rifle target frames. The pistol range has frames that you can use. Bring your own targets, staple gun, and tape. If you bring a guest, only the guest can shoot while you watch them shoot your gun.

It looks like I pointed you in the right direction on the introduction page. I'm guessing with time we will make you a reloader as we'll so you can shoot more often and cheaper.

Also, regarding the AGC. Join a club anytime, and if you want to defer paying for a range badge until July, just show them your membership card in July. My club, Garrison R&R does new member sign ups the 2nd Tuesday night every month at the trap house at 8 pm. ;)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Holy moly, yes.

But honestly, not really.

AGC has a lot to offer and is the undisputed largest associated clubs 'Club' in Maryland.

You get out of it what you put into it. I've tried their 'new' 3-gun competition, and look forward to the changes they will make. Till a friend or two tell me it's good, I'm just waiting.

What kind of shooting do you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom