How does one apply for a pistol to be added to the Roster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    This is something that ive searched for, and I've been drawing blanks from the internet.

How does someone request a specific Firearm be added to the Handgun Roster, so it can be sold in the state?

Reason I ask:
    I want a PTR-32 PDW pistol. Its not on the roster, however the big brother PTR-PDW in 308 is.
    According to Atlantic Firearms, I cant buy it until its on the roster.

The next meeting is in a month, but How do I request this model be added to the list?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    You, or a dealer will have to buy one, and then it has to be physically sent up to MSP for review by the Roster Board.

Your dealer should have/be able to do the Petition that is required for submission.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here's the form

Attachments

• Handgun Roster Petition Form.doc
      31 KB · Views: 71
    • Handgun roster approval rules.jpg
      Handgun roster approval rules.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 231

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    You, or a dealer will have to buy one, and then it has to be physically sent up to MSP for review by the Roster Board.

Your dealer should have/be able to do the Petition that is required for submission.

That is incorrect information. The only thing that must be done is to send the information requested on the form posted above. There is no need to purchase OR send any thing to the MSP. I spoke with the administrator, Marlene Jenkins, just the other day and she told me exactly what I am saying here. I might also add that the dealer may purchase the gun but cannot sell it till it is on the roster; not the register

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    How long does the board hold onto the firearm for?
    Until after the roster board meeting. It then gets sent back to your FFL. Assuming it was approved, you'll be able to get it from your FFL in 45 days or so.

As for not submitting a sample gun with the petition... if that's changed, it's a very new policy. The roster board has been known to kick back apps because they want a sample. I would not necessarily rely on being able to do that.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    That is incorrect information.
    Then why does the roster board always need the firearms to shoot them to approve? Tough to do w/o a sample in hand. I know that some firearms are disapproved for not feeding correctly during their test and another (better working) sample has to be provided at the next meeting to retest.

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    Until after the roster board meeting. It then gets sent back to your FFL. Assuming it was approved, you'll be able to get it from your FFL in 45 days or so.

As for not submitting a sample gun with the petition... if that's changed, it's a very new policy. The roster board has been known to kick back apps because they want a sample. I would not necessarily rely on being able to do that.

I can only go by what my FFL holder and Marlene told me. I assume that since she is the Administrator there she would know and my FFL holder has never sent anything to them, save the information requested on the form.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    That is incorrect information. The only thing that must be done is to send the information requested on the form posted above. There is no need to purchase OR send any thing to the MSP. I spoke with the administrator, Marlene Jenkins, just the other day and she told me exactly what I am saying here. I might also add that the dealer may purchase the gun but cannot sell it till it is on the roster; not the register

I think you will find you are incorrect. Their firearms examiners actually fire every gun, and the board physically examines each gun being considered, but by all means, send in a petition only and let us know how it goes.

Caliber additions, do not require a gun to be submitted, but unless something has changed since we dropped guns off last week, you are mistaken.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I think you will find you are incorrect. Their firearms examiners actually fire every gun, and the board physically examines each gun being considered, but by all means, send in a petition only and let us know how it goes.

Caliber additions, do not require a gun to be submitted, but unless something has changed since we dropped guns off last week, you are mistaken.

Model variations do not require a sample either. The S&W 640 was on the roster, but the Pro version wasn't. They added the Pro version based on the application and manufacturer brochures only.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I had a Dan Wesson Heritage RZ 45 which was on the roster. I bought an RZ 10 Razorback in 10mm. The Board required Engage to submit the pistol before approval.

Caliber was different and but model name generically the same ie RZ series Models were the same but actual names and different calibers...

Draw your own conclusions.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I bought a Cylinder & Slide commemorative 1911 a few years back that had to be added to the roster. The guy at C&S said he talked with someone on the board by phone, had to send MD a fired casing at that time, but never told me anything about the actual firearm having to be shipped here. That doesn't sound right to me that they would need to do that...but I haven't slept at a Holiday Inn Express lately either. He described the whole ordeal as "not bad at all".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom