• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    I know this possibility is a long way down a road with many possible turns but I have a question for the lawyer types.
    We have heard from our rivals in the government at various levels that the "weapons of war" have no place on our city streets and that is one of their stated reasons for the "Assault Weapons" Bans. Now we have a situation where the very same government has ordered(or endorsed) the MD NG to the streets of Baltimore carrying these very same weapons. How is this not considered perjury or some other fancy lawyer word?

I know this is a gross simplification. While I understand the need for the Guard in this situation, I' am surprised by their posture in the city.(not that I have a problem with it)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I know this possibility is a long way down a road with many possible turns but I have a question for the lawyer types.
    We have heard from our rivals in the government at various levels that the "weapons of war" have no place on our city streets and that is one of their stated reasons for the "Assault Weapons" Bans. Now we have a situation where the very same government has ordered(or endorsed) the MD NG to the streets of Baltimore carrying these very same weapons. How is this not considered perjury or some other fancy lawyer word?

I know this is a gross simplification. While I understand the need for the Guard in this situation, I' am surprised by their posture in the city.(not that I have a problem with it)

First item - they are NOT the same firearms, what the NG carries as issued are select fire (fully automatic), firearms. What lawful firearms owners have been banned from owning, are semi-automatic firearms.

Second Item - the AWB and magazine capacity lawsuit has been well underway since Oct 2013. At his point in the process, there is no way for either side to add to the facts entered into the case.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    If it were to go to SCOTUS, wouldn't they hear arguments?

And I meant very same "weapons of war" not exact year, model, flavor and cup size! HA!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If it were to go to SCOTUS, wouldn't they hear arguments?

And I meant very same "weapons of war" not exact year, model, flavor and cup size! HA!

They AREN'T the SAME......The firearms "banned" by the FSA2013, are NOT "weapons of war."

And yes, there will be argument if SCOTUS takes the case, but only on the facts already submitted at the Federal Circuit Court.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    They AREN'T the SAME......The firearms "banned" by the FSA2013, are NOT "weapons of war."

And yes, there will be argument if SCOTUS takes the case, but only on the facts already submitted at the Federal Circuit Court.
    You are correct they are not the same. However, it would be difficult for them to render the same tired argument that AR-15s belong on the battlefield - not on the streets of Baltimore. They would also be forced to acknowledge there's a difference between full-auto and semi-auto rifles.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You are correct they are not the same. However, it would be difficult for them to render the same tired argument that AR-15s belong on the battlefield - not on the streets of Baltimore. They would also be forced to acknowledge there's a difference between full-auto and semi-auto rifles.

Judge Agee got the state to admit that in the oral argument at the 4th Circuit. We are 39 days into waiting for a decision from the 4th Circuit, so we will see if it plays in our favor or not.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I think you are missing the presumed modifier, have no place in "Joe Blow Citizen" hands. LEO and NG get Carte Blanche against the Emporer's subjects.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    A minor quibble with the OP. Its no longer SB 281, but is now the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, or FSA 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom