West Ocean City, MD

Attachments

• Studio_20150207_160136.jpg
      Studio_20150207_160136.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 1,066

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Any AR that has a .750 diameter barrel (from the barrel nut to the muzzle) and meets the 29" OAL requirement, while not having more than one of these features is legal. Flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, folding stock. It's incredibly easy to find or build one that's legal. Engage has a massive selection. At least they did when I stopped in a few weeks ago and picked up a new barrel.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thanks. I would like to see exactly what Engage is offering before I make the hour drive.

Easier said than done because of how Engage operates. They are more than just a shop selling ARs. They will custom make/assemble exactly what you want for a fair price. In other words, turnkey full service.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Easier said than done because of how Engage operates. They are more than just a shop selling ARs. They will custom make/assemble exactly what you want for a fair price. In other words, turnkey full service.

This. They'll basically make you any AR you want, just with an HBAR.

I was just in there Thursday and commissioned a custom dissy upper build.

Long story short, it's worth the drive

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Unfortunately, what I "want" is an unknown esespecially if they're really expecting me to design the gun. Anyone bought the E4 in the linked thread?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You don't have to design it yourself if you don't want to. Just tell them what you want and they will guide you through your options.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Unfortunately, what I "want" is an unknown esespecially if they're really expecting me to design the gun. Anyone bought the E4 in the linked thread?

They have tons of built up rifles so you can see what you like!

My point was more that they should be able to accommodate almost any request.

Lots of folks here have their rifles with plenty of good things to say, including the basic rifles!

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    I drove an hour in snow and ice just to pick up a rifle barrel from them. Friendly guys and they have tons of guns. Worth the drive.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I have made the 1 1/2 drive a few times and wouldnt hesitate to do it again. The guys will take good care of you and make sure that you are happy.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012

I bought an E4 upper and took it to the range today. It functioned flawlessly. You won't be disappointed and will be hard pressed to find a better value on a new MD legal rifle or upper. Nice guys too. And you get to meet Brutus.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    Any AR that has a .750 diameter barrel (from the barrel nut to the muzzle) and meets the 29" OAL requirement, while not having more than one of these features is legal. Flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, folding stock. It's incredibly easy to find or build one that's legal. Engage has a massive selection. At least they did when I stopped in a few weeks ago and picked up a new barrel.

While I'd tend to agree that your description, in fact, describes a heavy barrel, can you provide some sort of objective evidence that the same definition is being used by MSP?

I ask, not to be an a$$, but because elsewhere on MDshooters, I've seen that the only hoop is that the barrel maker stamp their barrel with "heavy" "HB" "HBAR" or similar, or that their literature of the barrel describe it as "heavy".

This would seem to be different standard than your otherwise reasonable description of a heavy barrel.

And I'm not sure which is the description that MSP will use if....things are not peachy keen.

-M

edit: I'd like to point out that I'm not questioning Engage's practices; from what I've seen they actually meet both standards: it is at least 0.750" for the entire length and it's stamped HB.
    my only question is which of those two is the standard MSP uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom