• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    "Absentee Ballot Counts Confirm Del. Smigiel Still Lagging, Loser of Dist 36 Seat in Annpolis - "

The writer of this article can't even manage to spell Annapolis correctly.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    A little surprised, but not a huge disappointment. Mike seemed to want to use a hammer on everything. Seems to be the biggest complaint I hear nowadays. Being a politician, sometimes you should be .....wait for it.....wait for it.....political and diplomatic. I have nothing against Mike. I think he did try and was outspoken for us. Fact of the matter is there are other folks out there who have the potential to represent us better.

edit: disclaimer...Mike was not my rep...parts of cecil belong to 3 different districts now 35A, 35B, 36

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    he was a very strong voice on the most important committee in the house for Second Amendment issues. a committee with a real smoke filled back room that no republicans are ever allowed to enter... except Mike. because even the democrats on the committee respected him.

before sb281 got watered down he dragged every member of that committee to a private range and forced them to actually learn about the firearms they were trying to regulate and ban. it was a major turning point and an unheard of move, so much so that the news was circling a helicopter overhead trying to get photgraphs of the democrats playing with guns.

one of 3 stories involving Mike's fight over sb281 that went viral on a national level.

sometimes being a hammer is a good thing.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    he was a very strong voice on the most important committee in the house for Second Amendment issues. a committee with a real smoke filled back room that no republicans are ever allowed to enter... except Mike. because even the democrats on the committee respected him.

before sb281 got watered down he dragged every member of that committee to a private range and forced them to actually learn about the firearms they were trying to regulate and ban. it was a major turning point and an unheard of move, so much so that the news was circling a helicopter overhead trying to get photgraphs of the democrats playing with guns.

one of 3 stories involving Mike's fight over sb281 that went viral on a national level.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The firewall (SonicWALL) where I am blocked that site

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert

This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: JS.Agent.NKW_2 (Trojan)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Why can't we keep the good ones?!? I guess because the truth hurts too much, and Mike has never been afraid to speak it. Even though he was not one of mine here in occupied territory of Howard County, I referred to him as my Kindred Delegate. What is next, Delegate Mike? MD Senate? U.S. House? U.S. Senate? We need your voice now more than ever!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If he can't win a primary and won't get Pipkins seat, I'd say his political career is pretty much over.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

but you catch more bees with honey then Sh!t

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    We get you don't like Smigiel - you're starting to look like a douche waffle. He's out of the equation.

Where do we go from here?

as I stated in the original post this wasnt about gloating , MDS and 2 members were mentioned in the article.

The comment about bees was that Mike is/ was a hammer I was stating that some times being mellow (honey) gets more bees ( bills brought up / people listening to you etc ) than Sh!t (being loud and boisterous )

Were do we go now , think its simple . We must start helping Hogan's campaign and any delegate running in a liberal Sh!t hole district (one is a member here) .

we also need to get into those places and start pushing our message.

Lastly start getting ready to retreat to a better state . Even if this November Hogan wins it will take years to undo the damage done . I am not young enough to fight fo 20 to 30 years . I grew up in America and will die in America . I will retreat to WV a better defensive position when the liberals start migrating there due to MD being unliveable due to the taxes

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    as I stated in the original post this wasnt about gloating , MDS and 2 members were mentioned in the article.

The comment about bees was that Mike is/ was a hammer I was stating that some times being mellow (honey) gets more bees ( bills brought up / people listening to you etc ) than Sh!t (being loud and boisterous )

PLAN "A" - Were do we go now , think its simple . We must start helping Hogan's campaign and any delegate running in a liberal Sh!t hole district (one is a member here) .

PLAN "B" - Lastly start getting ready to retreat to a better state . Even if this November Hogan wins it will take years to undo the damage done . I am not young enough to fight fo 20 to 30 years . I grew up in America and will die in America . I will retreat to WV a better defensive position when the liberals start migrating there due to MD being unliveable due to the taxes

Sounds good - I'm on board with this, who else?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Were do we go now , think its simple . We must start helping Hogan's campaign and any delegate running in a liberal Sh!t hole district (one is a member here) .

Something we agree on, it is time for everyone to be "all in" to get behind there district representatives as well as at the States Attorney and Governors races.

Lastly start getting ready to retreat to a better state . Even if this November Hogan wins it will take years to undo the damage done . I am not young enough to fight fo 20 to 30 years . I grew up in America and will die in America . I will retreat to WV a better defensive position when the liberals start migrating there due to MD being unliveable due to the taxes

Sorry, a lot of us are stuck here do to jobs, owning a home, etc. and cannot easily pick-up and move. Especially those close to retirement that have between 5 - 10 years to go to get all of their benefits, like my wife (she has 3 years). But I get the idea. Just remember that unless those that move continue to fight, they may have to move again, and again, and....well you get the idea.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    A fine lot of voters living in that district, I see! People today don't want patriots and strong men to represent them in the manner of our founding fathers. They want sleazy, backstabbing, d1ck-tucked Hollywood types to be their overlords emeritus just so they have something amusing to watch with prurient interest like it's some 24-hour CNN Reality TV Channel.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Something we agree on, it is time for everyone to be "all in" to get behind there district representatives as well as at the States Attorney and Governors races.

Sorry, a lot of us are stuck here do to jobs, owning a home, etc. and cannot easily pick-up and move. Especially those close to retirement that have between 5 - 10 years to go to get all of their benefits, like my wife (she has 3 years). But I get the idea. Just remember that unless those that move continue to fight, they may have to move again, and again, and....well you get the idea.

I am willing to commute to my job , WV will be a battle state soon enough but thinking get there now to set up a good defense so it can be save. Just as MD didn't turn this bad overnight WV won't either we get people there now to safe guard her from the liberals of the future

A fine lot of voters living in that district, I see! People today don't want patriots and strong men to represent them in the manner of our founding fathers. They want sleazy, backstabbing, d1ck-tucked Hollywood types to be their overlords emeritus just so they have something amusing to watch with prurient interest like it's some 24-hour CNN Reality TV Channel.

Yes there is. The one who got the nomination is also 2A friendly not what you describe . District 36 was done with the same all . Look at the comments on this article. Check the Facebook pages of the Cecil Whig and Cecil Times . Mike lost touch with his constitutes

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    At the risk of sounding like a 14 year old girl,..... There are a lot of things that could be said about Mike that shouldn't or won't. These things are what resonated with voters in the Sheriff's race, and likely what caused Sutton his 5th (or whatever) consecutive loss.

Above is exactly correct, he lost touch with a lot of us. A lot of us do business in and around Elkton and didn't feel like he was someone we'd go to for business purposes, those sentinents ended up crossing over into his voting base too I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom