• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    did a search but nothing coming up..

anyone done a handgun back ground check transfer at MDSP barrack's lately? was wondering are they getting done on time now?? or still long waits? for the paperwork to actually come back?
    Thanks.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Unless they notify you to the contrary, you simply transfer the gun on the 8th day.

They will mail you the paperwork for a MSP transfer within a week or two.

Turn around for dealer sales is 2 or 3 days most times.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    Me and ifindppl did a transfer at the Rockville Barracks two weeks ago and it took 8 days for the paperwork to be in the mail.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I did a transfer months ago and it took 9 days. Did another one two weeks ago and it took 12 days. Ymmv, but you can still transfer 8th day regardless.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    yeah, but some sellers will only transfer the actual firearm after only the paperwork comes.. and why i am asking.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    yeah, but some sellers will only transfer the actual firearm after only the paperwork comes.. and why i am asking.

Well make sure to ask them. BOTH times I did a transfer(one as seller, one as a buyer) the trooper handling our paperwork specifically stated the gun can be transferred on the 8th day regardless of paperwork. The only way it should not be transferred is for a disapproved before the 8th day. If the seller is unwilling to follow the law I'd move on...

USMCTC

Jan 16, 2012
    I transferred about two months ago at the Glen Burnie barracks. On the third or fourth day a Trooper called to tell me not to transfer until something was cleared up with the buyer. I was told that when I received the "Not Disapproved" paperwork in the mail, than I'd be ok to transfer ownership, which did occur about 3 weeks later. Point being, you can transfer on the 8th day unless they contact you otherwise, which they did pretty quickly in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom