• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well Chad...I tried about every lube under the sun and the only thing that gun will run on at all is raspberry flavored KY Jelly. :innocent0

Seriously, it's been just fine and operates every bit as well as the one from CZ Custom. Both will choke if they get too dirty with carbon in the top of the frame, the trigger yoke binds a little and the lighter trigger return spring just isn't quite enough for a 100% positive reset. Running that area wet helps and it's really not an issue until they get past 500 or so between lubing/cleaning. If I had it to do over, I'd leave the OEM trigger return spring in place and just go for "smooth".

Other than my carry gun, I do abuse them a little. I keep two in a range bag in the truck with a half dozen mags and a few hundred reloads and shoot them once or twice a week until they quit running. Then I'll swap them out for clean ones. I get a pan of solvent out and do them all when I run out of clean ones.

KY? :lol2:

That's one part about certain trigger work that always makes me love/hate it. If you want to return to the factory springs in the CZ let me know and Ill make time to meet up one day and swap the springs. Consider it warranty work :)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice pistols for sure!

I have a small herd myself, a matte nickel 75B Compact, a PCR, a black P-01, an older OD P-01, two SP-01 Tacticals in 9 and an SP-01 Tactical in .40 (to aggravate Chad).

I really need a BD... :sad20:

One thing that makes me think HQL is the need for more CZ's.

Right now I stand at CZ75B, CZ75 Pre B (rough but functional), CZ75BD Police, CZ75 P01, CZ52.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Navyis2: Maybe not overly abusive, but if I needed reliability above all else, I should stay more on top of cleaning/lubing. I keep them in the truck and often stick around the range after hours and run through a hundred or so rounds. I've apparently become too lazy (but not too fat) to want to clean a pair of pistols a couple times a week.

Thank you for your offer Chad! I definitely appreciate it but they're OK for now. Maybe if the springs seem to get worse, I'll try to find the OEM stuff in my parts box.

The slicked up triggers are great when the pistols are clean and if I was going to shoot a match or something else important, I'd start clean and anticipate no problems. Once they get shot some and dropped into the range bag dirty, ride around in my work truck awhile, then get shot and put away dirty, ride around some more, shoot, ride, shoot, ride....they eventually get sluggish all the way around and something has to be the first thing to crap out.

Here is that same SP-01 Tactical at Mayberry with Lou45 at the timer. The apparent malf on the third target was when a spent case bounced off the barrel and landed in the back of the slide at the exact instant the hammer fell. I thought I had a real malf and went to swap mags and then realized what it was.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Go get em boys. Just try one in your hand and you'll understand.

Putting one in my hand is exactly what sealed the deal for me last year on a
    P01 at 2A Sales. Ergonomics that felt right in my opinion, and I had read a lot of very positive reviews on the torture tests applied specifically to the P01. But I had never before owned a CZ pistol until last year. I like this pistol A LOT!

Gotta second this recommendation. Good pistol and a good shop both. Go see Mark and Tom at 2A.....they're top drawer people.:thumbsup:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    That P01 looks great. I have yet to shoot a CZ but I've held one. I must say if the ergonomics are any indication of how the gun shoots, I may have to get one.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    LOL, I thought I needed a CZ once and ended up with...more...

The P-01 handles great and shoots well. I bought the P-01 first and enjoyed the natural fit and handling so much, I just kept buying them.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The CZ-75 P-01 is on my very short list for the next pistol I want to buy. The only thing that might intercede is a super deal on a used Sig P226, but even then, there are some who prefer the CZ over the Sig, so I'll have to wait and see what shakes out.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    The CZ-75 P-01 is on my very short list for the next pistol I want to buy. The only thing that might intercede is a super deal on a used Sig P226, but even then, there are some who prefer the CZ over the Sig, so I'll have to wait and see what shakes out.

I just bought a new threaded barrel SIG MK 25, and it is a great pistol, but I still find myself grabbing my CZs for home defense or even to go to the range. Funny as it is my unit uses the M11 and even with that I'd pick a P01 any day. They are around the same weight, 16 round mags are readily available for both, but the factory trigger and ergonomics of the P01 make it a no brainer.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I thought that the factory trigger was one of the downsides - that it's pretty gritty to start with and takes a good bit of shooting (or gunsmithing) to smooth it out. Either way, I'm down for giving it a whirl, but I gotta get my danged HQL out of the way first. I'm heading out to a place near my home that's a one-stop-shop for that tomorrow.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore

I absolutely love Sig's trigger... but CZs fit my hands like a glove, and their stock trigger is still quite good for an issue pistol and get better over time. The newer Sig E2 frame is a big step in the right direction in bringing the Sig closer to the ergos of CZs.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    I thought that the factory trigger was one of the downsides - that it's pretty gritty to start with and takes a good bit of shooting (or gunsmithing) to smooth it out. Either way, I'm down for giving it a whirl, but I gotta get my danged HQL out of the way first. I'm heading out to a place near my home that's a one-stop-shop for that tomorrow.

I think that is something that people exaggerate on both sides. I own two sigs.
    Neither came from the factory with very nice triggers (workable, but still gritty) and very long lengths of pull. The only real solution was the short reset trigger and then lots of rounds to smooth the new sear surface. I have 6 CZ pistols. Three of them came with great triggers that have only gotten better with time, and three of them came with terrible triggers that went to CZ custom and got fixed. Most any metal trigger components will only get smoother and better with time. I think many complain about the stock grittiness of the CZ triggers, but i can tell you its not a pull weight issue or anything like that. The single action trigger pull is usually around 4lbs and i havent seen many that have much creep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom