• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have an older 700 dm, stainless in .308. It has had the action squared up and a trigger job. It is by far my favorite centerfire b/a rifle. It will shoot sub moa with good factory ammo. I went thru three 700's to get this one, so I agree with your choice. Beware, you need to decide up front about the DM. If you really want it then just buy the SPS DM they currently sell. To have a 700 converted isn't cheap, and it limits your choice of stocks. On the other hand a factory 700 DM cannot be adapted back to a fixed floorplate design, the rails are milled out at the factory so you are stuck with it. I prefer the lighter weight and convenience of the factory DM setup for hunting. Decide up front what the rifle will be used for and go with it.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    700 SPS varmint, Tac-ops bolt knob, Manners T6-A, Atlas bipod, 20 MOA rail, Nightforce ATACR in Nightfore rings, Badger M5 bottom metal. Barreled action and bottom metal were almost drop in. Manners supplied full length aluminum pillars I had to cut to length and glue in with Devcon steel putty. The rifle had previously been in a B&C but I couldn't get sufficient LOP to get the proper eye relief (ook, ook) so I got a Manners. They happened to have that stock in stock in the GAP camo. At 100 and 200 yards I just tape Altoids to the paper and shoot them.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpg
      IMG_1363.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 120

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    BTW, if you need any gunsmithing work done, I can HIGHLY recommend Short Action Customs in Ohio.

http://shortactioncustoms.com/

They did my bolt knob and thread/install the brake.

When I sent them the barreled action for the brake, it arrived one day and was shipped back the next. :)

When they do the Rem 700 bolt knobs, they drill and tap the handle to put in a reinforcing screw. The stock handle is cast, and there are some voids that can cause weak handles.

http://shortactioncustoms.com/?page_id=292

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    CCA built mine. I did all the stock work, but they spun the brux tube on and did the tig welded bolt handle. Michael's a great smith and a good friend.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I had Dan at GC do a lot of the work then had Cdi install the dbm in to the HS stock so it looks factory. I've been very pleased with the set up all around. There are some here with beautiful chassis set ups and I'm a huge fan of the manners set up.

It's got other bells and whistles but changing the stock and the dbm were my two favorite mods. Best of luck on your build you will love shooting it I'm sure!! :)

y7e9u4u2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom