• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Volokh Conspiracy column (with contributions from Volokh, Kopel, and others) is a credit to The Post. I can't imagine the NY Times running such a balancing (and rational) perspective on second amendment issues in their pages.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Unfortunately, this is like trying to explain how to drive to a dog. The dog hears hear blah, blah, blah, car, blah, blah, blah. 99% of WaPo readers are reading blah, blah, blah, deadlier, blah, blah, blah.

They heard from Oprah assault weapons whatever they are need to be banned and this guy ain't smarter than Oprah.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There are approx 400 comments responding to the piece. By Washington Post standards, for a routine column/blog update, that's pretty good attention. Moreover all the reader top rated comments that I read were in favor of gun rights. People question the utility of gun rights education at gun shows and such because one is preaching to the choir as the cliche goes. Here we have a sounding board in a left leaning publication that members (and staff) of the WH, Congress, and SC read routinely. I dunno, but maybe there is an upside in the long term to arguments articulated in Volokh's column beyond the glassy eyed Oprah viewers. I also think we're more likely to educate the occasional open minded reader that isn't going to gun shows.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Every time a news outlet allows balanced reporting, it's a good thing. Especially in regards to 2A.

It's good to see, even if it's a sidebar. Hopefuly the Baltimore Sun will realize sometime soon that Dan Rodericks and the Bloomberg/Hopkins School of Health do not hold the final opinions on gun violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom