• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    HB0415 - Sales and Use Tax - Ammunition and Firearms - Developmental Disabilities Funding
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0415F.pdf

We now know that there is no additional taxation related to this bill, and it is simply a reallocation of the sales/use tax on firearms and ammunition.

Well, maybe not so "simply"...

What this does, is create an additional burden on FFLs and other retail establishments, to require them to account and report separately for all sales taxes related to firearms and ammunition.

I have already alerted an official of MLFDA about this, but it is important that every independent seller of "guns and ammo" be made aware of this, and have them get to Analpolis on the 14th, to fight this as an undue encumbrance on their businesses.

This bill doesn't directly effect the purchaser... but it would add to the complexity of an already overregulated business environment, and could cause businesses great harm.

Spread the word.

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    Extra food for thought. I wasn't always a transfer queen...I have worked for several of the local DD agencies in Carroll County. I am in favor of helping those who are less fortunate and need funding, in fact I'm awesome at raising money for just that according to my Bachelors Degree. My concerns also fall within the parameters of what additional separate paperwork will have to be done (come on, we're all swamped as it is), and who is regulating how the taxes are allocated and spent once they are received at the agencies? High ethics in the field showed me how funds are not always spent as they're supposed to be...and if I'm doing a lot of extra work, I want it to be not in vain, but going to directly help those who really need it, not supporting staff bonuses and Christmas gifts. Somewhere in this proposal it needs to state that these are RESTRICTED GIFTS for the agencies once it's received and is going directly to specific programs, not just unrestricted funds to be used for anything in the agency.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Extra food for thought. I wasn't always a transfer queen...I have worked for several of the local DD agencies in Carroll County. I am in favor of helping those who are less fortunate and need funding, in fact I'm awesome at raising money for just that according to my Bachelors Degree. My concerns also fall within the parameters of what additional separate paperwork will have to be done (come on, we're all swamped as it is), and who is regulating how the taxes are allocated and spent once they are received at the agencies? High ethics in the field showed me how funds are not always spent as they're supposed to be...and if I'm doing a lot of extra work, I want it to be not in vain, but going to directly help those who really need it, not supporting staff bonuses and Christmas gifts. Somewhere in this proposal it needs to state that these are RESTRICTED GIFTS for the agencies once it's received and is going directly to specific programs, not just unrestricted funds to be used for anything in the agency.

Sure no problem whatever you want.

Then next session they slip something in an unrelated bill and then they have another fund to raid to buy more votes.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is starting to really smell.

Indications are that DDA is an agency with "issues", and accountability of the funds requires some questions to be answered.

Funny thing...

DDA is where much of the extra 3% tax on alcohol is directed.

quack

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Fiscal Summary:
    State Effect: General fund revenues decrease by a significant amount beginning in FY 2015 and special fund revenues increase by a significant amount beginning in FY 2015. Under one set of assumptions, general fund revenues decrease by $4.9 million and special fund revenues increase by a commensurate amount annually. General fund expenditures increase by $212,600 in FY 2015 for computer programming and notification costs at the Comptroller’s Office.

Local Effect: None.

Small Business Effect: Minimal.

Source: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/fnotes/bil_0005/hb0415.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom