• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I briefly owned a sure fire green laser combo. The green splash on a wall was good enough to give you some useable light in a dark room.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Years ago, I was mildly against lights/lasers on handguns. For one, the technology was not nearly as good as it is now, and I didn't find them of much or any use. Now, the good ones (Streamlight for me, currently) are solid, reliable, and work very well. Most are still a little bulky for EDC, but for HD, I consider the light essential, and strongly in favor of a laser.

After much thought, and owning both, I prefer red laser, here's why: red is more shock resistant/reliable, easier to find outdoors in foliage, uses much less power (batteries last longer), oh, and its cheaper . Green is easier for the eye to pickup, and it seems much brighter, can create more of an ambient light effect. Really, both are excellent on a HD gun.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Thread bump - recommendations for a rail-mounted light/laser combo for a S&W MP40? This would be for a nightstand gun, and given that the pistol is a standard full size model, light size and holster fit aren't big concerns. Not sure what my budget is, but I'm going to plan on needing to spend a couple hunnert to get solid quality, unless Dvor or somebody comes up with a great sale on just the right light.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom