• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Okay guys, I was cleaning out a closet when I came across an old Crosman 38T (1.77). I am sure its pre-1980. Probably more like '78? On the exterior, its almost like new, i.e., no rust or corrosion. It even had 2 or 3 CO2 cartridges in the box. Put one in, and as expected it immediately leaked. I know replacement seal kits are available for about $15 (ebay), but frankly I am never going to use it and won't spend the time to fix it. They still sell similar models for around $50 bucks, but I suspect they have a lot of plastic in them now? I paid $42.99 at Montgomery Wards when I bought it as a young teen.

Anyway it needs a new home, and is up for grabs FREE to the first registered MDS member with more than 100 posts. Only condition is that it has to be for you, your child, or a close relative or friend, i.e. not for "resale," to get them started so to speak. Honor system of course.

It had very light use, is in the original box, with the original manual and push rod. It's the long barrel version not the "C" version. I recall it was very accurate and fun to shoot in the basement into a proper back stop. Nevertheless it is being transferred "AS IS." This is perfect air pistol to get someone started if you don't mind buying the seal kit, and making the repair.

Claim it in this thread for all to see, and send me a follow up PM for logistics. I am in Eastern Baltimore County, but work in Columbia. Would prefer to arrange a pickup or drop off versus shipping it.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Good karma!

Dapefly, if you need o-rings I probably have them if you measure and figure out what size you need. I also have some Teflon tubing to remake the valve seals. I've worked on a couple crosmans (and others, though no revolvers) and buy the o-rings in bags of 100. A lifetime supply:)

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    After the New Years Holiday, the snow, etc. finally met up with dapefly at a mid-point Park & Ride to transfer the vintage 38T. On the way I was trying to remember how old it is, and figured it had to have been purchased around 1979 making it close to 35 years old. Hope he gets the seals replaced and enjoys it. It's still in great shape.

BTW, I just realized I rolled past 1,000 posts and hadn't done any specific karma. Honestly, the 38T was just karma and had nothing to do with a post count, so for good measure I just made another contribution to Second Amendment Foundation, and am going to throw a few more dollars toward this MDS website to help keep the lights on in 2014. Thanks to MDS, its Administrators, Moderators, and all of its Members. This is a great and highly valued resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom