• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    ordinarily I suggest that people show up without extra protective gear that you wouldn't ordinarily wear, because we fight the way we train. Given that this is an introductory class a glove on your support and isn't a bad idea. If you are going to wear a glove on your strong hands, make sure that it is enough that it won't interfere with using the trigger

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Whiskey - spot on. Train as you fight. I remember fighting with my officers when they wanted to do everything slick (no weight or just easier). Changes all paradigms. Like going to the range without body armor. Body armor changes everything. Turns out to be very educational. Plus pain is the great motivator. :)

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Joe - I left you a VM. I accidentally walked off wearing one of your kydex holsters. Will get it back to you soon as possible. Sorry.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Event

All - what a great day. I am so appreciative of the support from ADS and the community. Joe Lynch runs a tight ship that teaches very effectively and can do so to a wide audience with varying experience. We had a great turn out. Larry Pratt spoke amazing conservative words as always. He spoke about the over reach of govt and gave great examples to illustrate the points. In the end you HAVE to love a guy that chases Piers Morgan off TV.

Please continue to support Team Walters. Together, and only together we can make a difference. Contact me for volunteer opportunities. We are in the final run.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walter

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great class, and even more fun hanging out with everyone!

The training ran long, so we were doing the hallway/room clearing when Larry Pratt arrived, so missed him.

Also, very happy this was also to benefit Team Walters; was cool seeing Tim at the Tueller Drill and hanging out so long.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    Joe - I left you a VM. I accidentally walked off wearing one of your kydex holsters. Will get it back to you soon as possible. Sorry.

No worries, not the first time, just glad you let us know. Let me know when and where is convenient for you and one of us will grab it from you.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I'm working from home tomorrow so I can run it by if someone will be there or I can meet somebody somewhere. I am near Annapolis.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    The event was fantastic, I was happy to see that there were plenty of folks there to meet Larry.

The training was well received and we managed to get around 20 folks through. I invite the folks that came through last night to come back to further develop their skills and refine the new skills that they picked up from us.

I'd be grateful to hear feedback from those that attended last night. Keep an eye on our training calendar for upcoming sessions, like last night. Dont forget our tactical live fire training sessions, 1 November 2014.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A relatively new shooter who attended the ADS course told me tonight, at the MRPC gun club meeting, she was thrilled about the training. She had previously been plinking numerous times before and was a competitive rifle shooter in school. She had also attended a two week, predeployment course and said she didn't get to do anything like this course and really enjoyed it and got a lot out of the experience.

It is really tough to get that many students through that kind of training so quickly; and the variety of students from (minimal (or rusty) to fairly significant). All things considered that was a great event and I'm sure future training classes will be even better. Thanks for posting your upcoming training dates.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    thank you for sharing those thoughts. I had a great time with everyone that was there. You are correct in that we presented a great deal of information in a very short time to a large number of people. I think we did a good job of concentrating on the core critical skills for those that might consider themselves at a beginner or intermediate skill level. Well there is a lifetime of potential training, we like to concentrate on mastering the basics. For those that wants the next level challenge, we will do the same drills we did on monday with all of the lights turned off.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hate that I missed this. I feel like I could just go to the shop, hang out, drink coffee and become a fixture in the joint :)

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I received it yesterday, it was very considerate of you to get I back to me so quickly. Thank you for your trouble.
    No worries - least I could do after walking off with it. I hope to get back to train with you again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom