Best place to park for Caps game at Verizon Center?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Any suggestions? We were going to take the metro but were thinking about driving it instead if there's a reasonable parking situation around. Thanks.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Where you coming from?

I usually park at new Carrollton or greenbelt and metro in. The station is in Verizon center basement basically.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You can try parking panda to find and reserve a spot close

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I usually use the metro for everything going in there. But wife doesn't like to fight the crowds leaving the game to get on it. Looks like I can valet at the Renaissance for 20 bucks on Parking Panda. Guess I'll just do that.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well did the valet and all went well, almost. Mrs. Zoo's truck now has a dent in the side of it from some local youths throwing rocks at cars on New York Avenue as everyone was driving out. :sad20:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Chinese operated lot on H between Wah Luck house and Mings restaurant. It is on a paved vacant lot, and requires some parking skill. You pay the attendant, unless you speak Chinese, don't expect an answer. It is a bit cheaper than the event rates at most of the surrounding garages. The key advantage is that you just walk to your car and leave, no delays getting out of an underground deck at the end of the game.

The deck at 700 Sixth street is where the VIP section tickets have parking, but they are open to the public as well.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    $10.00 a piece to ride the Metro down vs. parking right across the street underground. After the game you have to wait to get out, but you also have to travel 30 minutes on the train. I would rather park at Verizon.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    $10.00 a piece to ride the Metro down vs. parking right across the street underground. After the game you have to wait to get out, but you also have to travel 30 minutes on the train. I would rather park at Verizon.

Our wait time in traffic and everything wasn't bad at all. Was much better than the metro wait like you said. Cost for valet at the Renaissance was 16 bucks, then add in ten bucks in tips (I ALWAYS tip the valets well, my rule is never f*** with the people who make your food or park your car).

Only bad thing is the dent in Mrs. Zoo's RDX from the nice children pelting the fans' cars with rocks as everybody headed out down New York Avenue. That will teach me to support the DC economy.

I'm figuring $450 for tickets after getting scalped on Stubhub, $100 for parking, food, misc, and $500 for a dent removal and paint blend if I'm lucky. So all in all, a thousand bucks plus to see a Caps game. I like the Caps, but not that much!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well did the valet and all went well, almost. Mrs. Zoo's truck now has a dent in the side of it from some local youths throwing rocks at cars on New York Avenue as everyone was driving out. :sad20:

F'n shame. Nothing changes down there when it comes to cars and risks. Use to have the extortionists ask for money to watch your car back in the day when street parking. No pay, nice key job upon return to vehicle. Only thing one can do is have a good running beater car where more dents and scratches make it even more vandal resistant.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Only bad thing is the dent in Mrs. Zoo's RDX from the nice children pelting the fans' cars with rocks as everybody headed out down New York Avenue. That will teach me to support the DC economy.

That's what you get for your white privilege.

I'm figuring $450 for tickets after getting scalped on Stubhub, $100 for parking, food, misc, and $500 for a dent removal and paint blend if I'm lucky. So all in all, a thousand bucks plus to see a Caps game. I like the Caps, but not that much!

I try not to take any of my nice cars into DC.

slowz32

Dec 3, 2014
    Mt. Airy
    I usually park in one of the parking garages right across from the rink. $20 for the evening. Well worth it. Metro sucks.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I was going to say that the best place would be your own driveway and watch the game on TV but it seems you found that out already.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I take the Metro down and back. Usually park at my Mom's near Shady Grove Metro and she drops me and my wife off and picks us up again afterwards since the games never go too late. After the game we hoof it a few blocks up to Judiciary Square Station and hop on the train before it gets to the Phone Booth and we then have seats the whole way back to Shady Grove but I usually give mine up to an older person most times and let my wife stay seated.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I was going to say that the best place would be your own driveway and watch the game on TV but it seems you found that out already.

Yup. Hate to be a party pooper but some serious coin can be wasted on these events. Your evening cost a full NHL Center Ice Package and a TV and/or iPad to watch them all on.

It is fun to be there.... just a little.

Glad you made it back safe.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

This is why you metro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom