• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Van Laar, J. (2014, July 15).Doctor Ignored His Hospital’s ‘Gun Free Zone’ Rules And Saved Lives Because Of It. IJ Review. Retrieved from http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/160638-doctor-disobeyed-gun-free-zone/

Doctor in PA ignored his workplace's 'Gun Free Zone' rules and saved lives as a result

The Daily Mail reports:
    Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that ‘without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives.’
    ‘When the caseworker was shot, (Silverman) crouched down behind the desk to avoid him being shot,’ Whelan said.
    ‘He was able to reach for his weapon, and realizing it was a life or death situation, was able to engage the defendant in the exchange of gunfire.’
    The lesson here? Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. Gun-free zones are simply a target rich environment for those with evil intent.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The lesson for me is that if you deal with dangerous loons on a daily basis you better carry something more potent than a .32 Seecamp.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I was listening to this story on the radio this morning and I can't remember what station. I am certain is was syndicated. They talked about the heroes tackling the psycho, but nothing on the doctor who had the gun.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That article explains a lot more about what happened. Did not know the doc actually ran out of ammo in a shootout with the perp.

The statement from the hospital is encouraging - in that they are reconsidering their policy [that currently prohibits law abiding citizens from carrying firearms.]
    It's awesome that the hospital is standing behind him. Great job on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom