• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Before Hogan won that race, 3/4 of the folks here knew Brown was going to be the governor. He isn't. We also unseated a lot of dems. Nothing was lost in annapolis this year and we managed to get something.

We DON'T know how things will shake out.
    We don't know what Hogan will do.
    We don't know what Pallozzi will do.

However...

We knew what Brown was going to do.
    We knew what the MSP was going to.

So what can we do?
    As much as we can, so that if/when an opportunity presents itself, we're in position to take it.

The more people bitch and moan about what's supposedly going to happen instead of working to make something happen, the more like NJ, NY, CT, and CA this place will become. The environment hasn't been this favorable in a long time. Strike while it's hot.

Movement was made in this last session that didn't hurt us and actually helped. How frequently has that happened in the past? Not much.

Well said!

Spot bid sale of all those once fired casings?

Do they even know where they are? Already in the dump perhaps?

I have a thread asking this question, and others. Since the bill doesn't actually go into effect for several months, I presume they are sitting where they have been for the last several years until an administrative 'disposal' decision is made; if there isn't already a plan in place.

I'd love for 'us' to get them and melt them into small 'Liberty Bells' that protectors of the Constitution can purchase and bring to future rallies... any thoughts?

bhtr

Feb 1, 2013
    Calvert County,
    I'd love for 'us' to get them and melt them into small 'Liberty Bells' that protectors of the Constitution can purchase and bring to future rallies... any thoughts?

I think making and selling these bells would be a great way to raise funds for future 2A battles. Quite a few of the casings were fired with my pistols. This would be a great way to get them back.

Hopefully there will be competitive bidding to procure/dispose of the brass. I doubt the antis in power would like this project to succeed and may steer the brass toward a different end.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I think making and selling these bells would be a great way to raise funds for future 2A battles. Quite a few of the casings were fired with my pistols. This would be a great way to get them back.

Hopefully there will be competitive bidding to procure/dispose of the brass. I doubt the antis in power would like this project to succeed and may steer the brass toward a different end.

Great point.

You might be right, but I must say I don't think we would be better served trying to make a profit for future 2A battles.

What we need now more than ever are more legislators using their incredible experience to investigate the real issues. Ultimately, they will find that lawful gun ownership correlates better to deterring crime and a healthier society.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I met with a man today that melts metal and makes bells. I told him about this idea, he related that he thought shell casings were high in zinc and if so that's a bit dangerous (toxic gases) for him to work with; but he said he would look into it.

From Farmers Copper:

Farmer’s Copper Ltd. maintains an inventory of C26000 Cartridge Brass in sheet, plate and round rod available upon request. C260 brass, sometimes referred to as yellow brass, has a nominal composition of 70% copper and 30% zinc.

How high is too high?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So assuming this goes into effect at a future date, that means if I buy a handgun before then, I still need a fired shell casing? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense :banghead:

Mr H

Banana'd
    So assuming this goes into effect at a future date, that means if I buy a handgun before then, I still need a fired shell casing? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense :banghead:

Between now and COB 9/30, yep.

Just told the wife a little bit ago, I just can't wait for Hogan to sign the bill, and people to complain to the internet that they shouldn't still have to provide it on day one...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Scrap and Governement

When my father was a Dental technician at the VA, one job no one wants is cleaning out the suction unit and duct work. He accepted the OT to do so, then sold all the gold dust and got a wad of cash for that too.

Could be as easy as giving Maryland a price to dispose of those shells. :innocent0

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    So I have done exhaustive (to me at least) searches and cannot find whether Hogan has signed SB 736 yet or not. I saw where he signed 121 bills, but 736 wasn't listed. Anyone know its status?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think that there are two more signing sessions. Can't recall the dates offhand (I want to say one is the 28th of Apr??). Once it's signed it will show up under the bill status in mgaleg.maryland.gov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom