• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Just picked up this air rifle. Very impressed with how quiet it is. My concern is with its accuracy. There isn't any. At 40 feet the POI can be 10 inches or more from the POA, in any random direction. Is there a break in period? I could literally throw the riffle with better accuracy.

PS: I sawpped out the factory 4x scope for a decent 2.5-10x44 Tasco scope with similar results. Using a bench rest with a brace.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I bought my son the X15 and it is a very accurate gun. It could use more power, but I have been very impressed from day 1. You may want to see if they will exchange it for you.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I bought my son the X15 and it is a very accurate gun. It could use more power, but I have been very impressed from day 1. You may want to see if they will exchange it for you.

Emailed with them today. They were very fast to respond. They are willing to repair/replace. I got some better accuracy today but still had the random shots that were high or low. Maybe it's breaking in or i'm closing the breech more consistantly, not sure.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Even a blind squirel gets a nut on occasion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      111.9 KB · Views: 214

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I have the regular Stoeger X20....no silencer on it....played around with different pellets and found that the RWS pellets....both the match ones and the round head ones shoot very consistently out of it as well as able to get pretty tight groups as well.....maybe try them...I know I tried pellets from RWS, Gamo, crosman,etc till I found these that work...

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I have the regular Stoeger X20....no silencer on it....played around with different pellets and found that the RWS pellets....both the match ones and the round head ones shoot very consistently out of it as well as able to get pretty tight groups as well.....maybe try them...I know I tried pellets from RWS, Gamo, crosman,etc till I found these that work...

sounds good.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Update. They swapped it out for me and the new one is much better. Customer service says it may have been an issue with baffle strikes. The difference was night and day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom