• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    anybody else have this issue? I picked one up so I could shoot sub compact division at the gssf match and it is WAY off. My other glocks hit right where they should. This one is about 6+ inches low and 3 or 4 inches left at close range.. I remember seeing a Hickok video on a gen4 26 and I think he mentioned it hitting considerably low as well.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Even if my grip and everything else is the same? I had my friend shoot it and had same results.. My other glocks don't do it..

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I had the same problem. My solution: 6.9mm rear sight moved to the right. I also use the large beaver tail grip and a +1 mag extension. Now it shoots where I aim it.

The funny thing is that it didn't start happening until I got a G19. So even if it's my grip, I don't need to adjust anything when going between guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    find someone who has a Ransom Rest and shoot it clamped in the device. my G17 sights from the factory were off as well. we moved the rear sight, shot it, moved more, shot it and finally dialed it in.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have both the G26 and 27 although my bride seems to claim the 26 as her own. I needed mag extensions and slight adjustment for both to get them in line. Really don't remember having any problems with the 19 & 22. I just assumed because of the size I was gripping them slightly differently. Just a little difference in grip can create more drastic changed at the target. IMHO.

Signed
    Serious Glock Colector

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    I have both the G26 and 27 although my bride seems to claim the 26 as her own. I needed mag extensions and slight adjustment for both to get them in line. Really don't remember having any problems with the 19 & 22. I just assumed because of the size I was gripping them slightly differently. Just a little difference in grip can create more drastic changed at the target. IMHO.

Signed
    Serious Glock Colector

Sounds good. I need to go back to the range when I get home and investigate further. :thumbsup:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I have a G26. It's quite a change going from the G17 or 19 to the baby Glock. The pinky finger missing from your grip makes a difference. I would try to work out the way you hold it when shooting before adjusting the sights.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    yea i hurt my thumb playing basketball and it bothers me to get a firm grip on any gun now my grip is terrible and so is my aim

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    *In general* with any subcompact gun the effect of grip, finger placement , and trigger pull is magnified.

The combination of low AND left is a screaming neon sign of a trigger pull that is not strieght back. The most common issue is a finger placed too far into the trigger gaurd (trigger). For people with average to long fingers combined with a small grip ......

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    You have to really focus on fundamentals with the baby GLOCKs. I was able to put small groups touching right to POA with my G30 and G20, but my G27 put up the same low left group you are having. Grip it tighter, experiment with finger placement on the trigger to pull it straight back, and pull the trigger past the takeup slow and steady. I would have swore the sights were off at first, but after a few mags the group migrated to center. It's an accurate pistol, and one that can be shot fast, and easily, but even subtle differences in fundementals can produce big differences in your group.

I did some trigger work to smooth and lighten the takeup, and get a crisper break with less overtravel. Added GAP floorplates that really help lock in a grip without adding to mag length, and X-grip sleeves on G23mags for a perfect full grip, and added Arotec night sights. The grip and trigger improvements make it easier to shoot well, and make it a bit more tolerant of minor mistakes in technique. It is also a bit ammo sensitive, Plated reloads that shoot well in everything else don't shoot well in the 27, jacketed are fine, there is a relatively large shift in POI going to hotter/heavier loads. If the sights are centered with a decent load and ammo, you shouldn't have to move the rear more than a few thousandths to dial it in, if the sights are centered, and the group is more than a couple inches off to the left around 25 yards, then something else is probably wrong.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I cannot shoot these for the life of me. If I did ever get one, I wouldn't fool myself to thinking it would be anything more than just a self defense belly gun taking shots very very close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom