• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I know AA county allows LEO's into the courthouse. Every time I have carried the Deputies asked me if I were attending court or just doing some other ancillary stuff. I haven't asked why, but I assume if a cop isn't brining a case to trial and is a defendant, they don't want a possibly angry person with a gun inside the courtroom. I'm good with that.

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    I'm kinda suprised that most of the counties in the article don't have a specific law regarding firearms in gov't buildings. In practice I imagine that most of these places won't let you go on in with a gun unless you're LEO, first responder, or like Mr Woods informing and getting the go a head to do so.

As far as informing the deputies ahead of time, makes for good sense. Better to have an answer before he arrives and find the one deputy who'd go psycho over it.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm kinda suprised that most of the counties in the article don't have a specific law regarding firearms in gov't buildings. In practice I imagine that most of these places won't let you go on in with a gun unless you're LEO, first responder, or like Mr Woods informing and getting the go a head to do so.

As far as informing the deputies ahead of time, makes for good sense. Better to have an answer before he arrives and find the one deputy who'd go psycho over it.

Preemption.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

As far as informing the deputies ahead of time, makes for good sense. Better to have an answer before he arrives and find the one deputy who'd go psycho over it.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't my take from the article. It sounded to me like he knew that it was legal to carry and informed the deputies as a courtesy.

It is our responsibility to know where we can carry or not. The fact that a deputy told him it was okay if indeed it wasn't won't help very much in court....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I know AA county allows LEO's into the courthouse. Every time I have carried the Deputies asked me if I were attending court or just doing some other ancillary stuff. I haven't asked why, but I assume if a cop isn't brining a case to trial and is a defendant, they don't want a possibly angry person with a gun inside the courtroom. I'm good with that.

As I recall the courts down there got fussy about that a few years ago. I don't know if they ever codified it, but that's exactly why.They don't want people who are parties to a case not related to official duties, like domestics, carrying in court.

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    Since Mr Woods is a dealer and a CCW, he's doing his job in knowing these little details. I wouldn't be surprised if the deputies didn't know off the top of their heads before he starting notifying them ahead of time that he would be exercising his CCW rights.

Wouldn't surprise me also if some places do prohibit guns out of a mistaken belief where the law says otherwise. There's tons of these lil regulations that don't get enforced or used so most LEOs aren't going to know at a moment's notice.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Everybody knows Councilman Woods and all the deputies know him too. He's a long time councilman who's supports public safety (he's also volunteer FF IIRC) and he makes his position known to support public safety. In all honesty I don't think any of the deputies really give a crap if he's gotta gun or not.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I like how in PA state government buildings must provide lockers. If someone else were to guarantee my safety then I could abide by a rule like that.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm sure the reason for telling them also involves the fact that if heaven forbid the shit ever did hit the fan in a meeting it would be good for the deputies to already know he was armed.

And Woods has always been a very good friend to the 2A, as FPS said.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Also, Baltimore City hall has sworn officers to check visitors. They tore my bag apart and asked me twice if I had a weapon. Perhaps it was because of the MDS patch on my bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom