• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malygris

Sep 27, 2011
    Princeton, Wv
    I purchased two of these when they were $349 from Centerfire Systems. I sold one and have been plinking with the second one which is my keeper.

I have two comments to add to what has already been said. First, it appears to me that the hole in the top of the receiver is not large enough for the stock button to depress through, so the receiver would have to be drilled. It also appears that a spring is missing inside that would give tension to the button and there may be some sort of mechanical blockage, so it would be more difficult that merely grinding off that weld (which does exist as was mentioned previously). I feel the entire assembly would have to be taken apart, and possibly some parts swapped out from a parts kit, the hole enlarged in the receiver, and reassembled.

Secondly, I had considered registering this piece as an SBR, but have been told that you have to fill out forms to leave your state with the firearm and submit the forms to the BATFE in advance, and I for one would not want to fool with that. I live in Southern WVa, but shoot considerably in VA at a range near where I work. It would greatly limit my use of the gun if I had to fill out forms in advance. Now, I was told this by a co-worker who also lives in WV who owns a SMG. I'm not sure if the same would apply to an SBR, but both being Class III, I assumed so. Can anyone confirm that?

It's been awhile since I compared the innards of the Centerfire PPS (which is one of the Radom imports) to the parts kit I got from Sportsman's Guide. I may get them both out and examine them and take some photos and post if anyone is interested. Before I received the the PPS from Centerfire and the parts kit Sportsman's Guide, I was scouring the net trying to find good photos of the innards to see how difficult it would be to convert this pistol to an SBR and never did find good quality images.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Problem is that the PPS-43c is not C&R eligible. I do have an account with them though.

Centerfire sent mine to the FFL of my choice... in my case this was NOVA Armament, who did a great job with the transfer. There is a good bit of difference between the parts kit and the semi-auto version, as the parts kit is all setup as a open bolt full auto.

Sucks to live in MD, I had to wait for my orders before I ordered mine last August.

It's well made for the price point.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    So has anyone recently converted one of these to SBR? Ive read that it "looks" easy, like all you need is XYZ from the parts kit but have heard its a wicked bytch to unweld and get done.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    So has anyone recently converted one of these to SBR? Ive read that it "looks" easy, like all you need is XYZ from the parts kit but have heard its a wicked bytch to unweld and get done.

Not all of them are welded. Some have a solid pin (in place of the push button pin) which "pins" the stock in the folded position. Removal of that pin and replacing it with the push button pin and spring assy. would make the folder work again.

How does one go about getting it approved for the handgun roster.

It's on the handgun roster. Look under IO Inc.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

Im applying as soon as Rusty gets me my trust paperwork. Mine isn't welded. The hole for the 'pin' in the top of the receiver isn't big enough to push it in and open the stock. So on those its a fairly simple matter of taking it apart, drilling a bigger hole, and replacing some small parts.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I have a PPS-43C being converted to an SBR by John at Duffy's Gun Room right now. We went over basic ideas of fabricating new parts or getting some from a parts kit. You guys have to realize that the pistol has been highly modified from the original, such as the closed bolt, FCG, top cover, receiver, and underfolding mechanism. Although, John seemed fairly confident that he could fabricate something to make it work. Like others have stated here, the entire rear underfolding mechanism has been changed out with just a steel rod, so complete replacement of the inside rear folding mechanisms is required. This is NOT a SIMPLE task by any stretch of the imagination, without someone with a machine shop and a bit of skill. They plan on getting started very soon. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. That being said, it's easy has hell to bump fire ;) Gotta love that Tokarev round!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Because it can't be transferred in MD as a pistol(not on the roster) so AOWing or SBRing is the only way.

No the PPS-43 is on the list. You might want to check again. As far as an SBR, ya, it's a lot of work to convert back should you want to go down that road. Fortunately I still have some PPS-43 parts kits lying around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom