• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    I got 2 AR lowers that i purchased Pre October 1st. I am thinking about building a AR pistol using 7.5 barrel with Sig SB15 Brace to aviod SBR ATF classification. Do i need to anything with MSP with one of my AR lower to a AR Pistol.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    any good 7.5 inches barrel suggestion? I got a lower with CMMG lower kit and standard LBE AR Buffer tube. Would standard lower parts work for my new build pistol built?

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Mouse, are you saying that putting a 7.5 inch barrel on a pre-oct lower with the brace doesn't require a BATF stamp?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ATF says the Sig brace is legal on a pistol.

IANAL

BATFE letter attached

Attachments

• Sig Brace ATF-Compliant-Letter.pdf
      1.2 MB · Views: 71

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    However, I would check your 77R and make sure it was transferred as O for Other, not X or another long gun code.

BATFE seems to state in one letter that if a lower was trasnferred as a rifle, then it is rifle and making it into a pistol is making it into an NFA firearm.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I recently purchased a custom 7.5 upper from pkfirearms.com - still waiting to get the pistol lower to go with it. Without having fired it I like the looks and the build - price wasn't shabby either about $750 and I received it 4 days after the order. Awesome.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Ref OP, a Sig Brace has nothing to do with avoiding "SBR ATF classification". It's a pistol accessory, "designed to improve the single-handed shooting performance of buffer tube equipped pistols".

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    any good 7.5 inches barrel suggestion? I got a lower with CMMG lower kit and standard LBE AR Buffer tube. Would standard lower parts work for my new build pistol built?

I was on a budget and got this 7.5" Red X Arms upper for $315.00 and I'm very happy with it;

http://shop.redxarms.com/75-RXA15-TACTICAL-SS-UPPER-ASSEMBLY-75SSTUA.htm

I also got their chrome BCG for $145.00;

http://shop.redxarms.com/556-223-CHROMED-BOLT-CARRIER-GROUP-3981.htm

I added a Phase 5 Buffer assembly and a Sig brace ....... it's an awesome pistol that is fun to shoot, it's loud and shoots fireballs!

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Ref OP, a Sig Brace has nothing to do with avoiding "SBR ATF classification". It's a pistol accessory, "designed to improve the single-handed shooting performance of buffer tube equipped pistols".

Some people considered it a rifle type stock, so BATFE issued the ruling that it was not.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Anderson had their 10.5" upper on sale earlier this week, $295. No BCG or charging handle.

I ordered one on Sunday, they took until Monday afternoon to ship it (assemble, headspace the bolt I bought, and test fire it). Had it in hand yesterday.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

I'm pretty sure 2A sales still has some 7.5 Phase 5 barrels very well priced, forget exactly how much they were.

This is the one I went with, still in stock as I'm posting this. Comes with gas tube and low pro gas block. https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1432
    Not a bad price considering you would have to add the gas block and tube to the cost of any other barrel that doesn't come with those parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom