Swiss rifle tall front sight blades available (all types)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I have seen a few people ask about these lately. I just ran across this recent post on the Swiss rifle forum and thought I would pass it on:

Please direct all inquiries for tall sight replacement blades to czechmauseritis@comcast.net. These are for 96/11, 1911 long rifles and for K11 and K31 carbines

Numrich also did get in some tall ones as well for the 1911, these are used.

Extra high:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1437420.htm

High:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1437410.htm

EDIT: Fixed typo (not mine) in email address

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    How hard are these to replace/install? I've never tried to move the front sight on my current 96/11, but I couldn't make the thing budge on the rifle that I sold.

I have seen a few people ask about these lately. I just ran across this recent post on the Swiss rifle forum and thought I would pass it on:

Please direct all inquiries for tall sight replacement blades to czecmauseritis@comcast.net. These are for 96/11, 1911 long rifles and for K11 and K31 carbines

Numrich also did get in some tall ones as well for the 1911, these are used.

Extra high:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1437420.htm

High:
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1437410.htm

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    How hard are these to replace/install? I've never tried to move the front sight on my current 96/11, but I couldn't make the thing budge on the rifle that I sold.

On the K31 at least it looks like you could drift it in if you are carefull and use nonmarring tools, but I have a little tool (if I remember right it looks like a donut with a screw press running through it) that makes adjustment easy.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    W.O. a front sight tool specific to the rifle I use a brass drift. I'm fortunate to have a Swiss K31/K11 tool (Swiss Army issue and totally over engineered) and a M1911 tool that the late Guisan sold me so the drift stays in the tool box.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    W.O. a front sight tool specific to the rifle I use a brass drift. I'm fortunate to have a Swiss K31/K11 tool (Swiss Army issue and totally over engineered) and a M1911 tool that the late Guisan sold me so the drift stays in the tool box.

Yeah my front sight tool for the K31 came from Guisan too (the MK-31 model), only it is new manufacturer. I looked at the directions and it has a contact email if anyone is interested (not Guisan.... looks like it was made by someone else). I think I paid $20 for it.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Yeah my front sight tool for the K31 came from Guisan too (the MK-31 model), only it is new manufacturer. I looked at the directions and it has a contact email if anyone is interested (not Guisan.... looks like it was made by someone else). I think I paid $20 for it.

I need one of those. I used the strength of the Incredible Hulk, a hammer and a brass drift on my last 96/11 and the thing wouldn't budge. The only things my efforts produced were a bent drift and brass on my front sight.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    On the K31 at least it looks like you could drift it in if you are carefull and use nonmarring tools, but I have a little tool (if I remember right it looks like a donut with a screw press running through it) that makes adjustment easy.

I drifted the front sight on my K31 using a brass punch. I'm not sure what was up with my 96/11 - maybe it was staked, but there was no moving it. Luckily, my new 96/11 is pretty much centered. I'm hoping that my soon to be received M1911 will be the same.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The sight on the 1911 Rifle uses an ordinary side-to-side dovetail.

The K31, and the K11 (?) use that odd diagonal dovetail. Thus the tools would be different.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    This seller makes a 1911 96/11 front sight tool but is currently out:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/lptoolworks/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

He also makes a K31/K11 tool and has one in stock.

The K31 front sight tool is quite easy to make yourself, but with his price, I would just buy one.

Some sights are just on there like they need an act of God to move them.

My dad bought a special heavy duty Type 53 sight tool from a guy, and bent two of them and the sight never moved. (the guy gave him his money back)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    czecmauseritis@comcast.net

I sent this gentlemen an email that bounced back and a PM on swissrifles prior to this thread and received no response......

Just realized there is a typo in the forum post I copied and pasted

it is czechmauseritis@comcast.net

I know he is answering emails because I just sent him an order for a custom leather cheek riser, and he emailed me right back (this guy does awesome leather work at a very reasonable price)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I found some VERY hard nylon rod and made myself some punches out of it and it has served me very well. It is hard enough to do anything a brass punch will do, yet it won't leave behind any scratches or brass marks.

I haven't touched a brass punch since, and I often use them in place of metal punches even for the hardest of jobs. It is some great stuff.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    These are not what I use, but looks and sounds like it is the same type of hard nylon. For the price, you might give them a try

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FITS-GLOCK-...173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1f87f375

Not worrying about the punch slipping and damaging an expensive C&R firearm is a great thing.

I use mine for knocking off stubborn barrel bands, re-installing pins, knocking dovetailed parts such as a 91/30 rear sight base, etc.

Mine came from a long piece of 3/4'' rod and I just used a bench grinder to "mill" it down to different sizes and shapes for whatever job I need it for.

I highly suggest adding something similar to your toolbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom