• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    If you are not disqualified from possessing a firearm and it is not a restricted/banned model, yes. However, you should at least get a bill of sale for record.

To be safe, call the MSP and ask. Don't take my word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    In matters like these, why do people ask for answers from faceless, unvetted people? Go to the authoritative source.

Want to know how to change a tire? Go to YouTube. Want to stay out of jail, ask a professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    Yes we are both prisoners of Murry land
    We both have hql,s
    Was trying to find out if recent laws have been approved yet.
    Your absolutely right.
    I thought we we were ALL professionals

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    In matters like these, why do people ask for answers from faceless, unvetted people? Go to the authoritative source.

Want to know how to change a tire? Go to YouTube. Want to stay out of jail, ask a professional.

The MSP's advice is nonbinding

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, FFL1 holder, or in any other way qualified..except I am a gun owner.
    In past days, there was no problem in a FTF transfer of shotguns. I am of the opinion that as of the present date, you can do a FTF transfer of shotguns. Calling the MSP certainly won't hurt, and I suspect your local FFL Gunshop can give you their opinion.

But at the present time there is a bill in MD legislature that, if approved and signed will change things, in October 2016

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2016RS/bills/hb/hb0692F.pdf

HB692 is the culprit.

R

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Yes we are both prisoners of Murry land
    We both have hql,s
    Was trying to find out if recent laws have been approved yet.
    Your absolutely right.
    I thought we we were ALL professionals

If you're talking about the bill proposals that were put forth this week, they are just pieces of paper at this point.

We see folks pretty frequently thinking that once it hits the news, it's law. It's quite a bit more involved, of course, and it's very interesting to get to know.

I'd certainly recommend getting involved in learning to read the legislative language, and communicating with your critters to fight back the bad bills, and prop up the good.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fire two blasts outside the house. Buy a shotgun.. buy a double barrel shotgun.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, FFL1 holder, or in any other way qualified..except I am a gun owner.
    In past days, there was no problem in a FTF transfer of shotguns. I am of the opinion that as of the present date, you can do a FTF transfer of shotguns. Calling the MSP certainly won't hurt, and I suspect your local FFL Gunshop can give you their opinion.

But at the present time there is a bill in MD legislature that, if approved and signed will change things, in October 2016

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2016RS/bills/hb/hb0692F.pdf

HB692 is the culprit.

NRA-ILA on Facebook ...

"House Bill 692 would criminalize the private transfer of long guns and instead requires that a dealer process the transfer. Criminals in Maryland do not follow the law and they will continue to obtain firearms illegally through theft, straw purchases and the black market. HB 692 would only burden law-abiding gun owners"

Owners of modern sporting rifles have been unduly burdened since FSA 2013 became law in Oct 2013. Yet, some long gun owners were okay with the differentiation between an MSR and a 'hunting gun' because it didn't affect them. MSI warned of this and, that in effect it would eventually come home to haunt them too ... House Bill 692 is the next incremental step and if it passes, surely shotguns will follow ... despite what Lunch Bucket Joe recommended.

Attachments

• elmer-fudd.jpg
      elmer-fudd.jpg
      18 KB · Views: 148

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    We've been warning about this since 2011 (and maybe before), yet we still have people unwilling to speak up for themselves, and insist other people do the work for them... then they complain when they don't see movement.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Legal today given all stipulations others have pointed out but new introduced Maryland House Bill 692 if passed will change all that. Additionally Maryland House Bill 703 is an attempt to regulate Muzzleloaders as well. Neither are law yet, but they are in the hopper. Get off the sidelines if you want to stop the further erosion of your rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom