• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Added a unique one to the collection after a fairly long search, Steyr Model 1912 Nazi conversion. This one is dated 1916, has original Austrian military markings (wn 16, etc.) but after the German 'unification' with Austria in 1938 it was reworked by the Nazis and converted from 9x23mm Steyr to 9x19mm Parabellum. Germans added the "08" (for 9mm para.), eagle/N and police eagle/L markings.

somd_mustangs had a great post a while back about some of the Steyr Hahn variations (http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153419&highlight=steyr+hahn) which helped reinvigorate my search for one of these.

Attachments

• steyr1.jpg
      steyr1.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 322
    • steyr3.jpg
      steyr3.jpg
      62.3 KB · Views: 275
    • steyr2.jpg
      steyr2.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 397
    • steyr4.jpg
      steyr4.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 373

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice find! I like how these load. it truely uses clips instead of a mag. Look like it's in great shape too. Have you shot it yet?

Yeah I've always found the top load/stripper clip interesting and kinda neat. Haven't shot it yet, it just arrived tonight. The barrel is pristine though so it will probably be a nice shooter.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Daaaamn! That thing is clean! Looks like it's been sitting in someone's sock drawer for the last 90 or so years.

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I stumbled on to these a few months back. I was intrigued by the look at first plus its a steyr. They got some interesting modern stuff. Did some reading and then did some searching. Price is out of my league for most of whats out there. Iraqveteran did a little piece on one on Youtube. http://youtu.be/36yZHueEZLY

Jul 1, 2012
    This was the elusive one for my Steyr Hahn collection.
    Never did find a nice affordable one; maybe someday.
    I'm glad this one turned out to be in such nice condition!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    This was the elusive one for my Steyr Hahn collection.
    Never did find a nice affordable one; maybe someday.
    I'm glad this one turned out to be in such nice condition!

I was real disappointed that I didn't bid on that one I had talked to you about a while back...luckily this one popped up last week so I wasn't going to miss out twice!

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Wow, that's a real work of art! I wouldn't mind having one of those myself, if another one comes up (that hasn't been defaced).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Wonder if this is the one I was watching at auction recently. Bidding was pretty brisk on that lot. Hammer price surprised me but I don't follow Steyr Hahn prices very closely. Very nice example! Don't think you could upgrade it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It used to be common to have pistols nickel plated, especially for tropical service. I remember not long ago most handguns were available either blued or nickeled from the factory.

Who knows when that one was plated? The description doesn't say. Might have been done at the factory, or the original owner might have had it plated.

Pretty cool pistol though. Come to think of it, today we're so used to carrying spare magazines and performing speed reloads, but traditionally, pistols had one magazine, and only one. That Steyr would actually reload faster than most other pistols.

Jul 1, 2012
    here's one thats available and its a prime example :rolleyes:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=457445135

It's kinda already gangsta-ed out for you.

Threeband,

That gun was definitely not nickeled at the factory. Plus it has been polished within an inch of it's life. Too bad, it looks like this was a Bavarian contract gun of 1916 which is one of the more desirable variants.

I'm pretty sure that Steyr never offered special finishes on these, they were all military contract guns of some sort, except for a very few commercial guns (which were typically a little better fit/finish).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom