• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    My request to obtain designated collector status was approved in October. The only thing I got was the letter approving the request. No card, no number, no nothing. Is that it? If so, do I just present that letter to the dealer if I want to buy more than one handgun within 30 days?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    You don't need to take the letter to the dealer. When the dealer asks you if you are a designated collector, just tell them yes. The MSP will verify that you are a designated collector when processing your paperwork.

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    The letter saying your request for designated collector status has been approved is all you will get back.

I have never had a dealer ask to see a copy of the letter.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    During the backlog last year , some of the Dealers wanted to see a DC letter as one of their criteria for On Time Release. Other than that , just check the apropreate box on the the 77R .

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Post # 2 said it right no need to bring letter just tell them better yet, just check the DC box on the 77R and you're good to go.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I keep a copy in my car just to help show I'm a "bona fide" collector if LE stops me during transport, since that's a legal allowance to the transport statute (4-203).

Some guys put a copy in their Drop Box account so it can be accessed from their phones.

Not required but may avoid a hassle. Who knows?

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    How long did it take you to get your DC letter? Just wondering if it's any faster now.

You'll find all your answers somewhere HERE. 'Search' is your friend

Having the letter doesn't matter. You can call the MSP; if you're approved you're good to go even while awaiting the actual letter.

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I recommend you scan the letter and keep it so that when the state police write and say they lost your letter, you can send/email them a copy. That happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom