• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They won't ship to mine. I put in my FFL zip in DE and they ship there.

I thought they were just a no go on handguns. Why am I not surprised. :sad20:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I tried to order the one in .45 but they won't ship to Maryland. That blows but I can't blame them given our confusing laws :(

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Look at my,screen name and guess if I'll try and talk you out of it. Heck, I wouldn't mind another one myself.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I sent them an e-mail about shipping here. They'll prolly tell me to piss up a flagpole but at least I want to let them know they're losing some sales. CTD, more than most companies, loves to make that dough!

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I sent them an e-mail about shipping here. They'll prolly tell me to piss up a flagpole but at least I want to let them know they're losing some sales. CTD, more than most companies, loves to make that dough!

Thanks.

I checked their FFL list and they still show plenty in MD.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got this unsurprising response:

Sir,
    What is your zip code?

Furthermore,
    We do not ship firearms to the following states or jurisdictions.
    California
    Connecticut
    Cook County and Aurora Illinois
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    New York
    New Jersey

As an organization, we may determine that states / jurisdictions are too high of a legal risk to ship some of our items. Due to the high legalistic nature of your firearms laws, we (as a business) either cannot or choose not to sell certain products to protect ourselves from the potential risk of legal action by that jurisdiction. Your state is one of those jurisdictions.

We look forward to the day when this atmosphere does not exist and we can ship to your area like we can to most of the country.

Sent back:

I live in Maryland, but wouldn’t the legal risk reside with the FFL01 that you send the gun to in Maryland? You’re just sending a firearm via interstate commerce to a federally licensed person who is allowed to receive the items under Federal (and State) law. That person, the FFL01, has the responsibility for following the laws of the state when releasing the firearm to a buyer. At any rate, the gun in question is Maryland legal.

I understand the viewpoint of CTD, but why else do we have Federal Firearms laws if you need to follow the laws of every state? If you apply your policy fairly to residents of all states, you couldn’t ship anything anywhere without a legal opinion specific to the state and local laws pertaining to the shipment destination.

Many thanks- XXX

He wasted no time sending me this red herring:

Some states, including Maryland, have hundreds of additional, beyond Federal, laws on the products we sell. Others, like Texas has 4 for the largest state in the contiguous 48. States like Idaho and North Dakota have none.

The recent Maryland Firearms Safety Act of 2013 is an example of overreaching and arbitrary laws. Along with the NYSAFE Act, Connecticut’s Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety Act of 2013, Cook County laws and the Majority of California laws. We choose as a matter of risk management and to avoid the high litigious nature of those jurisdictions, to sell these products to the majority of places that do not have these far reaching, ambiguous and legalistic laws.

Again, we look forward to the day when this atmosphere does not exist and we can ship to your area like we can to most of the country.

Yawn...

The state laws you cite are a red herring considering my point about interstate commerce through an FFL01, but at any rate, CTD has made the ultra-conservative nature of their shipping policy clear. I look forward to shopping elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom