• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well that turned out to be an expensive day..:smack:
    Now I know what North Korean rocket scientists feel like..

good to meet you BD

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Well that turned out to be an expensive day..:smack:
    Now I know what North Korean rocket scientists feel like..

good to meet you BD

Good to meet you too, sorry to see your CR go MIA. I sent jolly logic an email about mine. Hopefully they just do a direct replacement. It will only turn on if you hold in the right button, then shuts off as soon as you let go.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I will get another, one I had worked well.. even if only got to see so three times. I would thing JL will take care of you, they have good reputation.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    I will get another, one I had worked well.. even if only got to see so three times. I would thing JL will take care of you, they have good reputation.

Yeah, I think so too. They have really high visibility on all of the rocket forums, I don't think they'd do something to give themselves bad press in such a tight vocal community.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    My chute release is already fixed and on its way back. Great customer service from Jolly Logic. Turned out to be a loose battery connection.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    In the pipe:
    Half way through repairs on the one that shoveled on the chute release.
    A Der Red Max
    A Mega Der Red Max
    Something fun for the club's kit bash contest...Doing 3 hi-fliers as parallel staged strap-on boosters for a hi-flier xl. Going to call it tri-flier xl

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Any of the MDRA guys here know if there is a contact to find out if it gets rained out on sunday? The forecast keeps flip-flopping...do they fly in light rain?

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    The NARHAMS Mt. Airy rain date is this Sat. Look like good (but hot) launch weather. Got my regular and mega red maxes ready to go. And what I'm calling Tri-Flier XL, a Hi-Flier XL with 3 Hi-Fliers strapped on for parallel staging.

Attachments

• drms.jpg
      drms.jpg
      71.9 KB · Views: 240
    • IMAG0346 (579x1024).jpg
      IMAG0346 (579x1024).jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 236

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The NARHAMS Mt. Airy rain date is this Sat. Look like good (but hot) launch weather. Got my regular and mega red maxes ready to go. And what I'm calling Tri-Flier XL, a Hi-Flier XL with 3 Hi-Fliers strapped on for parallel staging.
    Little DA and I might be there, so he can watch the launches. Look for the tan hat with HK in black letters.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Beautiful work there. ^^^
    Thanks! I hope to put the mega DRM up on an F50 on sat, and hopefully give my repaired chute release a good workout this weekend.

Little DA and I might be there, so he can watch the launches. Look for the tan hat with HK in black letters.

I believe they are expecting several scout groups this weekend, so there should be quite a few kids around. :thumbsup:

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Hot. Defeated trees today.
    Hot is an understatement! Man it was roasting out there, had fun though. Did battle with a tree myself and won (after a long trudge through the waist high grass). Good seeing you out there again yesterday!

So where do I get into this?

Beenmany years, but sounds fun.

Our club that was launching yesterday flies every month. Anyone can show up and launch at the club launches, and if you want to join, dues are only 10 cents a week ($5 a year).
    www.narhams.org

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm mad I missed your Mega Red Max, I was out hunting. How did it fly? Must have been a nice big chute on that thing, good for a video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom