• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Friend went to order a P-226 Combat from Bud's and they informed him it isn't on the MD's handgun roster.

The way I read the roster (note cut and pasted from the handgun roster) P-226's are okay or doesn't the P-226 Combat fall under the P-226 umbrella?

P-226, P-226 Jubilee, 226 X-Five

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Friend went to order a P-226 Combat from Bud's and they informed him it isn't on the MD's handgun roster.

The way I read the roster (note cut and pasted from the handgun roster) P-226's are okay or doesn't the P-226 Combat fall under the P-226 umbrella?

P-226, P-226 Jubilee, 226 X-Five

My understanding is that the model and caliber are what must match, so the P-226 Combat should be good to go. I know I was able to buy one of the Sig 1911 variations, and that's only listed as 1911 on the MSP website.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    My understanding is that the model and caliber are what must match, so the P-226 Combat should be good to go. I know I was able to buy one of the Sig 1911 variations, and that's only listed as 1911 on the MSP website.

I thought that was the case, until I started thinking about the way they have the Jubilee & X-Five specifically listed. P-226, P-226 Jubilee, 226 X-Five

I am sure the pros on this website will be able to straighten me out.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It really depends on the FFL.

I know many FFL's were transferring most of the 229 variants as 229's. One FFL had their doubts, called MSP, and that is why, at least at the time, every 229 that Sig offered was added to the list.

When MSP was called about the 229 they said "we don't know just submit it".

Like many other Maryland laws it's a clear as mud. Buds is taking the safest stance possible on their end.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    It really depends on the FFL.

I know many FFL's were transferring most of the 229 variants as 229's. One FFL had their doubts, called MSP, and that is why, at least at the time, every 229 that Sig offered was added to the list.

When MSP was called about the 229 they said "we don't know just submit it".

Like many other Maryland laws it's a clear as mud. Buds is taking the safest stance possible on their end.

For sure clear as mud. What is the procedure to submit it?

Thanks

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here is the form. they may not require the submission of the actual pistol. call Marlene Jenkins at the Roster Board to find out

Attachments

• Handgun Roster Petition Form.doc
      31 KB · Views: 61
    • roster.JPG
      roster.JPG
      11.3 KB · Views: 116

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Don't most Vendors put some kind of phrase of making sure your FFL will accept the shipment so you the Customer don't incur return and restocking fees against your refund if you messed up?

Just verify with your FFL and if Buds won't ship it that will suck and seek other sources...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, the phrase is in there to make you understand you WILL pay shipping and restocking if the FFL will not accept it.

But it IS legal, for an FFL to accept any firearm. The law deals with what they can SELL in THIS STATE. The FFL could take in a banned firearm, and sell it via a transfer to an FFL out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom