What is the most chicken$#$% reason for a ticket?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Not a ticket for me, but the other guy. I was doing 65 (speed limit) in the left lane on i70 heading east. I come up on a car doing 60. I pass him on the right and notice a State Trooper hidden in the bushes in my rear view mirror in the median pull out and put his lights on. I look down at my speedometer and see that I'm speeding. We all slow down and move to the right as as the officer is coming up on us. Officer pulls the other car over, not me. Officer must have been running radar, picked up my speed, and assumed it was the other guy in the left lane. Still feel bad about that one.

Same thing happened to me, but I was the one that got the ticket.

Judge wanted nothing to do with me arguing I wasn't the one speeding and gave me the ticket anyway.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Hell, that should be good for 3 tickets for some reason. Where they hell do those transponders come from, that state?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You were the one who brought up the legislature and governor being the bad guys and not the police. What you don't seem to understand is that the police are the face of law enforcement. Good, bad or indifferent you are the ones who cause people pain, anguish and take them away in hand-cuffs.

No, people taken away in handcuffs usually caused themselves pain and anguish. In twenty-five years on the job I never got any citizen in trouble. I was witness to many who got themselves in trouble though.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The perception issue in not whether the person deserved to be taken away or not. The perception issues is about who does the taking away.

Tow truck drivers are the ones who get all of the hate and discontent for towing cars away. They, the tow truck drivers, don't make the laws or rules the just enforce them.

Feb 28, 2013
    The perception issue in not whether the person deserved to be taken away or not. The perception issues is about who does the taking away.

Tow truck drivers are the ones who get all of the hate and discontent for towing cars away. They, the tow truck drivers, don't make the laws or rules the just enforce them.

Again you place the blame somewhere other than where it belongs.

If people wouldn't park where they're not supposed to, towing companies' income would be sharply limited. :cool:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So it would be illegal to use in MD it seems like.

It may be.

In some states you are not allowed to attach anything to the windshield or your mirror. Of course, this was intended to keep people from putting up stuff that obtructs forward (e.g. giant fuzzy dice), but the rule is on the books so it gives another opening for some busybody trooper to generate ticket revenue.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Again you place the blame somewhere other than where it belongs.

If people wouldn't park where they're not supposed to, towing companies' income would be sharply limited. :cool:

I am not assigning blame to anyone. What I am saying is that the people who have the greatest effect on the public perception of their organizations is those who directly interact with the public or their customers.

When the price of a six-pack goes up do you get mad at the store or do you get mad at the distributor or do you get mad at the brewer? Again, I am not assigning blame, I just want people to understand that it is the guy on the front lines is the one who gets the broadside of criticism regardless as to whether it is deserved or not. .

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I respectfully disagree

I am not assigning blame to anyone. What I am saying is that the people who have the greatest effect on the public perception of their organizations is those who directly interact with the public or their customers.

When the price of a six-pack goes up do you get mad at the store or do you get mad at the distributor or do you get mad at the brewer? Again, I am not assigning blame, I just want people to understand that it is the guy on the front lines is the one who gets the broadside of criticism regardless as to whether it is deserved or not. .

I'm sorry I disagree with you LEO defenders. All enforcers of the law have great discretion. And in any public place there are many miscreants. For example on I-495 there are people that do 80 MPH and slalom through traffic like wild men. Then there are those who have a tail light out or an unimportant part of the license plate covered. For an LEO to stop and write up one of the latter while ignoring the cowboys is just plain being lazy and is a chicken$#%^ enforcement of the law.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I'm sorry I disagree with you LEO defenders. All enforcers of the law have great discretion. And in any public place there are many miscreants. For example on I-495 there are people that do 80 MPH and slalom through traffic like wild men. Then there are those who have a tail light out or an unimportant part of the license plate covered. For an LEO to stop and write up one of the latter while ignoring the cowboys is just plain being lazy and is a chicken$#%^ enforcement of the law.

They don't ignore the cowboys.....the problem is they are rarely around when the cowboys are out.....there are just not enough officers to effectively patrol 495, 695, 95 etc......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom