• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    Bumped a hen changing spots after to coyotes came slipping through was kinda cool never seen one before lucky for them they were out or range

quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    I was able to get one to respond to my calls this morning, but couldn't convince him to come in. Will try again Monday...

duckslayer56

Mar 8, 2014
    Odenton
    Went out this morning, had two gobbling the moment I stepped out of my truck (I drank a little too much beer last night and was kinda slow to get up this morning). We get set up about 10 min later and everything was quiet until about 0730, we heard a shot. About 30 min later we had a turkey run by about 80 yards out, but wouldn't come into the decoys. Ended up having to leave about 0830 this morning due to having a pork shoulder cooking in my smoker. I thought we were actually going to have a turkey hunt end without getting checked by DNR, but right as me and my buddy were about to get into our trucks, they pulled in. Can't wait to head back out next weekend.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I have not heard any gobbles in my "neck" of the woods. Only hear a damn fox that starts barking between 2-4 AM near our bedroom window.

Got awakened this morning by one gobbling in the backyard. Sure enough- had six visible from the bedroom window.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Most places I think toms are still henned up. I missed yesterday to go after stripers.

40.25 inches

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I just finished my online hunter safety course and as soon as I do the Field Day I'll get my license. I'm getting it just to go after turkeys. Dunno that I'll be ready for this season, as work is still a killer, but at least next time I should be ready.

And, I'm making it hard on myself; I plan to hunt with a crossbow. Anyone else take turkeys with a bow?

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Went Saturday for the opener and had a lot of gobbling between about 0555 and 0630. Nothing came into view.

We out yesterday morning (windy and overcast) and only heard two very distant gobbles.

It's early yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom