• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Ill be in touch, i cant promise any particular weekend but i will let you know. I might bring the wood up ahead of time if there was a safe place to keep it.
    I'm up for a build day. I'm moderately handy. So far I still have all my fingers. :D

Could you store the wood in the shed where they store the steel stands and stuff?

I agree. There is no way in hell those stands would get that beat up that quickly if people weren't shooting them on purpose. We really need to think of a way to address this problem.

Short of building hardened steel stands (might just be seen as a challenge though) the only other way would be to tell folks to bring their own. :shrug:

clutchNthrottle

Deadpooligan
    Feb 2, 2012
    Harford
    I'm planning on building my own that if can break down and take with me in my Fusion with the seats folded down but I would be happy to help build some for general use to leave there. Personally everyone I have run into up there has seemed responsible and wasn't trying to destroy them...maybe people act differently when nobody else is around :(

I made my base out of 1.5" pvc pipe. Buy One 10' length, 2 elbows and 2 Tees. Cut six 16" pieces and use the 24" left over for the cross member. If you don't use glue, it brakes down into a medium sized duffel bag, or I just throw a bungee cord around it.

Looks like this (way nicer than mine LOL)

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpg
      IMG_1973.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 204

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I am hoping to join this summer, I can make the June meeting. Seems like you guys have a lot of cool things happening.

TD

Paige

Jan 30, 2008
    It's been a long time since Brennan and I have shot a Delta steel match. We might need to try and make it to some again this year if we have a free weekend.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    To anyone that has been up this weekend - has the target stand situation improved? I'm going to head up in a little bit and debating if I should try to throw something together before I go.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I just built one of those stands shown a few posts above.
    $15 at Home Despot and about 30 minutes.
    Just make sure the center of the target is 4.5' above the ground.
    Cut the uprights 5.5' tall if you make the target backer 24" square like I did.

mckkelso

Feb 19, 2009
    harford county
    to all who will be at the next match we will be having a 50/50 match after the main portion of the shoot i am planing on the proceeds from this to help fund new targets for later this year or next year. This 50/50 will be $10 to get in and will be a head to head to shoot off meaning the shooter that finishes the stage first will advance to the next round this is single elimination so if you loose your out. your opponent will be chosen at random.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    to all who will be at the next match we will be having a 50/50 match after the main portion of the shoot i am planing on the proceeds from this to help fund new targets for later this year or next year. This 50/50 will be $10 to get in and will be a head to head to shoot off meaning the shooter that finishes the stage first will advance to the next round this is single elimination so if you loose your out. your opponent will be chosen at random.

That's an awesome idea. I know I wont be able to make another one til July at the earliest though :(

mckkelso

Feb 19, 2009
    harford county
    adding different targets to the ones we already have some falling steel an if i can get enough together and the approval a Texas star is first on the wish list

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    The 50/50 sounds great. I'm in even though I know my odds of winning are, shall we say, ... slim to none. Hey it's a donation to more steel, so it's all good.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Mike, Single elimination or double knock out (would be fun!)? Either way, I will make the competition sheets if you want.

Edit: I didn't see it was single elimination...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom