• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigplayer2382

Jan 18, 2013
    Salisbury
    I'm scanning my trust into my computer now and I'm going to apply for an SBR through the efile for a form1.

On my trust (i went through 199trust) it has a section for assignment to the Trust. Do I put down the information of the rifle I'm trying to turn into an SBR and am submitting the eform for?

Or should I have nothing there because currently nothing is on the trust, and add in the rifle after my SBR is approved?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Purchasing a trust from 199trust tomorrow I think. Stopped into Engage today and talked to Nate for a bit about it and for the cost of just livescan prints I can get a trust set up and then its off to the races on suppressors from Engage and SBRing an AR and a 10/22 on form 1's. Then probably gonna try to build a suppressor on my own with a limited tool build and document it for my youtube channel.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    woohoo! I submitted my first Form 1 for an SBR! I think tomorrow I'll submit one for a suppressor build..... I'm ashamed :(

Congrats

Purchasing a trust from 199trust tomorrow I think. Stopped into Engage today and talked to Nate for a bit about it and for the cost of just livescan prints I can get a trust set up and then its off to the races on suppressors from Engage and SBRing an AR and a 10/22 on form 1's. Then probably gonna try to build a suppressor on my own with a limited tool build and document it for my youtube channel.

I yelled at my computer for 2 hours today. It still didn't scan my trust for me. Not exactly computer savvy but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Congrats

I yelled at my computer for 2 hours today. It still didn't scan my trust for me. Not exactly computer savvy but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

You could take pictures of your trust with your smartphone and email the pages one by one to yourself. Go to your computer and open up your email and download the pictures into your computer. Then open up a document writer like M$ Word or OpenOffice Writer (Open Office is a free counterpart to M$ Office).
    1. Insert File -select the filename of your picture
    2. Stretch the picture back to full page size.
    3. Insert manual page break
    4. Repeat step 1-3 until you have all the pages of your Trust.
    5. Once done click File Save As .doc or .docx and name the file.
    Now you have it in digital format.

6. Send an email to yourself and attach the Trust file. That way your trust is accessible online.

While you're at it you could also do that for your HQL id and the MD designated collector letter and you are good to go.

My scanner was not cooperative today and this was my workaround. I hope it helps.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You could take pictures of your trust with your smartphone and email the pages one by one to yourself. Go to your computer and open up your email and download the pictures into your computer. Then open up a document writer like M$ Word or OpenOffice Writer (Open Office is a free counterpart to M$ Office).
    1. Insert File -select the filename of your picture
    2. Stretch the picture back to full page size.
    3. Insert manual page break
    4. Repeat step 1-3 until you have all the pages of your Trust.
    5. Once done click File Save As .doc or .docx and name the file.
    Now you have it in digital format.

6. Send an email to yourself and attach the Trust file. That way your trust is accessible online.

While you're at it you could also do that for your HQL id and the MD designated collector letter and you are good to go.

My scanner was not cooperative today and this was my workaround. I hope it helps.

Thanks. I email myself documents all the time. I have come up with some work arounds like this. Maybe not elegant, but they get the job done.

My problem right now is when I scan my documents they get saved as a picture. The files are HUGE. I can't seem to change them into documents or pdf s.

I'm sure I'll figure it out tomorrow. Um..... I mean today

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Thanks. I email myself documents all the time. I have come up with some work arounds like this. Maybe not elegant, but they get the job done.

My problem right now is when I scan my documents they get saved as a picture. The files are HUGE. I can't seem to change them into documents or pdf s.

I'm sure I'll figure it out tomorrow. Um..... I mean today

If you don't mind disclosing your personal information to an unknown entity, here:
    http://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf

they do have a pretty good privacy policy, if you trust they're going to adhere to it.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    We you scan the notarized copy to yourself, change the resolution to a lower setting if the file is to large to upload.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My trust is broken into 3 parts. And the App A is separate. So I don't need to rescan the trust. I created the App A in Word, and that way I can update, then Save As a PDF.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Some questions about all this.
    1)-my trust has the old fashioned stamped notary seal. How does that show up on either a paper copy or efile submission? Does it even have to be visible?
    2)-when submitting for an SBR exactly what parts of the trust have to be submitted?
    3)- is there a link on MDS as to how to efile? I scanned mined and have it on a flash drive also but I know you have to shrink them to a certain size or something.
    4-) does anyone include a picture of their gun with a yard stick next to it for proof? Someone told me they do this but I've never heard of it.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    1)-my trust has the old fashioned stamped notary seal. How does that show up on either a paper copy or efile submission? Does it even have to be visible?
    2)-when submitting for an SBR exactly what parts of the trust have to be submitted?
    3)- is there a link on MDS as to how to efile? I scanned mined and have it on a flash drive also but I know you have to shrink them to a certain size or something.
    4-) does anyone include a picture of their gun with a yard stick next to it for proof? Someone told me they do this but I've never heard of it.

1. I talked to a notary public about the old fashion embossed seal showing up on scanned documents. Her advice was to shade it a bit with pencil if the scanner couldnt pick it up.
    2. Submit all three parts is fine (Actual Trust doc, Schedule A, Assignment of Property). There is a 3MB file size limit PER submitted document, but no limit on how many documents. So to get under that, you can either reduce resolution of scanned docs, try to break up the document into multiple segments, or etc.
    3. Ive posted some pictures in older threads but not of the entire process. But if you have problems while you work on it just ask and im sure one of the members will answer. Or perhaps someone will do a walk through.
    4. For my 2 approved AR SBRs no proof of length was necessary. for my 1 denied AK SBR, the examiner hit me with a BS, "show me schematics" denial. Decided ill wait till i get my refund before i refile it again.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD

Don't worry about the embossed stamp, as long as it is notarized they don't need to see the stamp. Mine is not visible on the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom