• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buttermd

Feb 10, 2015
    I've been browsing some of the new bills that are coming through, and I see one about police officers having automatic license plate readers that will identify you, and whether or not you have an HQL, and it also involved being able to stop them based on just that info. Now that's obviously in my mind a complete disregard for all of our rights, and as someone that just turned 21 last week, it has me hesitant on getting my HQL. what's all of your opinions on it? Am I worrying too much considering the government probably has all that info anyway? I guess I'm just wondering whether I shouldn't get an HQL in order to preserve my rights and my privacy.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Welcome to MDS

Don't worry about that.

Get your HQL and buy a pistol.

At 21 yoy can also buy AR lowers. Get one if those too.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's not happening. The HQL and what was formerly the regulated firearm database isn't tied to the LPR.

This rumor started because two folks from out of state were stopped (for another legal reason) and were searched for firearms. One of the searches seemed to be because the officer saw a out of state permit and got different stories from a passenger in the vehicle indicating their was a firearm in the car.

So if you want a handgun have at it. If you don't want to buy a handgun because of the database just buy more tin foil.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Welcome to MDS

Don't worry about that.

Get your HQL and buy a pistol.
    :thumbsup: This.

You have to figure that the government has so many hooks into our lives that being able to pull up whether or not you are on the HQL roster is a fairly minor addition. If an officer runs my plates and sees that I have an HQL, it lets them know that I'm a law abiding citizen and have respect for the law and the LEOs who uphold it.

Buttermd

Feb 10, 2015
    It's not happening. The HQL and what was formerly the regulated firearm database isn't tied to the LPR.

This rumor started because two folks from out of state were stopped (for another legal reason) and were searched for firearms. One of the searches seemed to be because the officer saw a out of state permit and got different stories from a passenger in the vehicle indicating their was a firearm in the car.

So if you want a handgun have at it. If you don't want to buy a handgun because of the database just buy more tin foil.

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm just going to do it. Also even though it does seem paranoid, talking with some of my online security buddies that work at rather large firms shows just how easy it is for anyone to get any bit of information, there are thousands of routes to go just to get one piece of info. Also speaking of Tin foil it might be a good time to buy Alcoa (AA) if you're an investor ;)

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I've been browsing some of the new bills that are coming through, and I see one about police officers having automatic license plate readers that will identify you, and whether or not you have an HQL, and it also involved being able to stop them based on just that info. Now that's obviously in my mind a complete disregard for all of our rights, and as someone that just turned 21 last week, it has me hesitant on getting my HQL. what's all of your opinions on it? Am I worrying too much considering the government probably has all that info anyway? I guess I'm just wondering whether I shouldn't get an HQL in order to preserve my rights and my privacy.

Get the HQL and get the handgun of your choosing. If you're worried about being stopped by LEO, don't transport it except to and from the places it is legal to do so and store the handgun and ammunition properly in your vehicle.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Get the HQL and get the handgun of your choosing. If you're worried about being stopped by LEO, don't transport it except to and from the places it is legal to do so and store the handgun and ammunition properly in your vehicle.

This ^^^^^

Happy birthday and welcome to MDShooters! :):):):party29::party29::party29:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread