• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    More than two is what I have heard.

MSP/AG may not like being challenged very much. Every action has a reaction I suppose.

If this does happen, do you have access to some of the folks that they would share their letter?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Good luck man! Keep them on the defense!

In other news, I was informed that my permit was mailed on the 23rd. I called the MSP and inquired since I was given word, they were as well. They told me that the HPRB decision was in the compute with the permit mailed. I hope to see it in my mailbox when I get home from work today.

Congrats! Let us know when you have it in hand.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And thank you Tim for the time you have put in to create a record where there was NONE.

Recording from the Infringement Cave, now with a few days of sunshine.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    And thank you Tim for the time you have put in to create a record where there was NONE.

Recording from the Infringement Cave, now with a few days of sunshine.

I'd like to join in echoing this sentiment, you and many others have done so much good work; I sincerely thank you and others like Rack&Roll, Gryphon, so many more...

I won't be attending on the 29th, but would like/will try to watch/listen in. These are historic events.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A decision letter from HGPRB that reverses MSP will have a notice on it telling the applicant and MSP that they have a right to appeal for 30 days by petitioning for judicial review per SG 10-221. Any letter from MSP to an applicant stating an intention to "appeal" is just a communication. The only way to actually "appeal" is by filing a petition for judicial review with the court. That petition must be served on the other party and the HGPRB.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I believe their "letter" will come from the courts, not the MSP notifying them of the appeal.

I think MSP still has to let the applicant know of their intentions or send them their license (but I'm not sure).

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    A decision letter from HGPRB that reverses MSP will have a notice on it telling the applicant and MSP that they have a right to appeal for 30 days by petitioning for judicial review per SG 10-221. Any letter from MSP to an applicant stating an intention to "appeal" is just a communication. The only way to actually "appeal" is by filing a petition for judicial review with the court. That petition must be served on the other party and the HGPRB.

In this case of the MSP supposedly appealing the decision of the HPRB, will the HPRB be brought into court to testify to their decision?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    In this case of the MSP supposedly appealing the decision of the HPRB, will the HPRB be brought into court to testify to their decision?

A lawyer from DPSC (Legum??) will represent them, just like Mark Bowen will represent MSP.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    No permit yesterday, since they claim it was mailed on the 23rd, I am hoping to see it today. So we shall see. I have been in contact with Russell Neverdon and he also indicated that there was no intention of appeals at this time.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    A lawyer from DPSC (Legum??) will represent them, just like Mark Bowen will represent MSP.

So would this be the MSP vs HPRB? In other cases is has been applicant vs HPRB. This is where having an attorney from the AG's office advising the board will turn into complete bullsh*t.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    The MSP and the AG are unreal. All over people having unrestricted permits opposed to restriction which are vague. So the state is going to have people take time off from work and secure legal council in order to battle this if they do in fact appeal the decisions. Are applicants able to counter sue for court costs?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

No, the HGPRB will not be a party to the case. Think of it like the HGBPB being a trial court (where two sets of litigants were the parties) and the Circuit Court being the appellate court.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Confirmation hearing in the Senate Executive Nominations Committee for all 5 board members is tonight at 5pm. The stream should be available on the home page of the MGA website lower right corner after the hearing starts.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Man they either need better cameras, or my eyes are really starting to fail LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom