• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm sure that his unbiased review will find that the practice is perfectly safe

Liberals never retreat when it comes to taking control over people. They want the police armed to the teeth and they want us to have nothing

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    "law enforcement agencies in St. Louis County — which includes Ferguson — have in recent years received a dozen 5.56mm rifles, half a dozen .45-caliber pistols"

6 pistols and 12 rifles for the whole county?
    Well I for one am shocked! They might start a war with an arsenal of that magnitude.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    it's actually not a bad thread title, IMO if they start with the evaluation of the police, the first line of defense in CT operations, they will continue to chip away at what defines "Military" because any firearm in production now or past has had uses in "military" operations and they could outright restrict or remove them. Or have you all not read about the new California law that you now have ammo buying limits, yearly background checks, etc... it's just the calm before the storm fellas.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The MRAPS look scary. Just like your AR-15s. But I hope city/town officials get a taste of their own medicine. They don't like our ARs because they are scary looking. We don't like MRAPs because they're scary looking too.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    The MRAPS look scary. Just like your AR-15s. But I hope city/town officials get a taste of their own medicine. They don't like our ARs because they are scary looking. We don't like MRAPs because they're scary looking too.

..... this brand of thinking is dangerous. There is reason for much disdain for the laws imposed against us but as a front of 2a proliferation, taking more tools away from our police won't bring our rights back. It will also stand as a strong anchor point that is; if the police don't need them, neither do the civilians.

Choose your side wisely and when you do, ask yourself how many law enforcement professionals stood by us saying these laws are unjust and unconstitutional and just how many do you think had a hand in crafting the laws. I don't know about new jersey but in MD, None at all.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    ..... this brand of thinking is dangerous. There is reason for much disdain for the laws imposed against us but as a front of 2a proliferation, taking more tools away from our police won't bring our rights back. It will also stand as a strong anchor point that is; if the police don't need them, neither do the civilians.

Choose your side wisely and when you do, ask yourself how many law enforcement professionals stood by us saying these laws are unjust and unconstitutional and just how many do you think had a hand in crafting the laws. I don't know about new jersey but in MD, None at all.

My comment was aimed at the politicians and administration, not the cops.

I think most rank and file cops are with us.

But I know for a fact most of the crappy gun "laws*" we have in NJ are crafted by the NJSP. I hold them in the absolute lowest regard. Not the officers on the street, but the organization and the higher ups.

*I use "laws" in quotes because everything here that causes pain here is done via administrative fiat. The assault weapons ban was not defined until NJSP made a list of guns and features. "Justifiable need" for concealed carry is also a NJSP creation. Even classifying air guns with silencers as assault weapons is a NJSP fabrication. Maybe in MD it is different.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    it's actually not a bad thread title, IMO if they start with the evaluation of the police, the first line of defense in CT operations, they will continue to chip away at what defines "Military" because any firearm in production now or past has had uses in "military" operations and they could outright restrict or remove them. Or have you all not read about the new California law that you now have ammo buying limits, yearly background checks, etc... it's just the calm before the storm fellas.

Nope, absolutely nothing to do with C & R or anyone's C & R safe but everything to do with militarization of police in the US and the military weapons AND CALIBERS given them. Many states have new laws, none of which affect FEDERAL laws in the least, especially FFL03's.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I don't mind the MRAPs they're just armored trucks. But no LEO should be issued a firearm that a law-abiding citizen cannot buy. No magazine or ammunition unavailable to the taxpayer. And no full-auto at all. Machine guns are for the military and the militia. There's no legitimate need for the police to have them.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I don't mind the MRAPs they're just armored trucks. But no LEO should be issued a firearm that a law-abiding citizen cannot buy. No magazine or ammunition unavailable to the taxpayer. And no full-auto at all. Machine guns are for the military and the militia. There's no legitimate need for the police to have them.

This times 1,000,000

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom