Sig Sauer CP1 Scope, thoughts, opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I have been eyeballing this thing for quite some time. I would think that for the price with a 3x mag that it might be worth giving it a shot. wish I had some better info, but I would like to hear what others have to say....so bump

ps, when they first came out they were 100 bucks. I knew I should have grabbed it then.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Probably made by ITAC like all the Sig accessories. I like ITACs mini red-dots and we sell a good bit of their light/laser combos without complaints but I would questions its "robustness".

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I personally don't like the fixed magnification for CQB situations. I would prefer the standard 1x with a flip magnifer, or just go with a 1-4.

bx1129

Aug 22, 2011
    Most of the SIG scopes and what not are junk.... I find most of their accessories subpar, esp the ITAC holsters. Save your money for someting better.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    My 556R came with one and it works well. I tried to move it to a 556xi Russian and found one shortcoming. If you want to move the Xi's ambi bolt handle to the left side, the large nuts used to tighten down on the rail become knuckle busters. If it were not for this one issue I would consider a second one at the Woot price.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    My 556r came with one, it works fine at the range. If that's all you want it for, it should hold up fine. Probably wouldn't hold up to a lot of bumping around.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
      IMG_2210.jpg
      54 KB · Views: 383

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    My 556R came with one and it works well. I tried to move it to a 556xi Russian and found one shortcoming. If you want to move the Xi's ambi bolt handle to the left side, the large nuts used to tighten down on the rail become knuckle busters. If it were not for this one issue I would consider a second one at the Woot price.

Are there 2 screws on the bottom of the base that allows you to "flip" the base around?

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$