• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    A huge number of low-information types will absorb it all as God's honest truth. Brown is counting on it. The average MD voter has no clue who they are voting for. Their biggest concern is hurrying up to vote straight party line so they can get back to a mindless love affair with their mobile phone.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    You guys might not like Blair Lee for being a Frosh lover or whatever but this article is a fair representation of how the D propaganda machine works.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You guys might not like Blair Lee for being a Frosh lover or whatever but this article is a fair representation of how the D propaganda machine works.

Yep. And he is hands down, the most conservative voice you will find in the Montgomery Gazette. I love to read the angry liberal responses to his columns. Along with his responses.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Blair Lee IV is a generally conservative Democrat, from an x-teenth generation Maryland family, including his father, former Lt. Gov. Blair Lee III

IMO, he has the best insight on the spectrum of MD politics out there, like him or not.

Insight? My dog now dead for 20 years could call this one. From beyond the grave,

If these are the Lee's I bet they also know a thing or two about voter suppression old school style... :-)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My question is, how will the public respond to a column that appears in a free newspaper distributed to the entire county (at least; I don't know how far the Gazette distribution goes) which brings into the open and slams the sleazy media manipulation used by the Democrats?

I figure some will not read it, some will blow it off, and some will be revolted and stay home. Others will get PO'd and vote R just because. Especially if the ad campaign plays out as Lee describes. I can't see it adding to the D vote, at all.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    A huge number of low-information types will absorb it all as God's honest truth. Brown is counting on it. The average MD voter has no clue who they are voting for. Their biggest concern is hurrying up to vote straight party line so they can get back to a mindless love affair with their mobile phone.

i saw a campaign sign yesterday (i guess that's what it would be called) that simply said "Vote for the Democrats" ... no candidates named

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    i saw a campaign sign yesterday (i guess that's what it would be called) that simply said "Vote for the Democrats" ... no candidates named

Those signs are all over the place. Take party affiliation off the ballots and LOTS of people would have no idea who to vote for.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Was listening to Blair Lee on WBAL this morning, and it was so full of gold I don't think I can do it justice.

Loose summary:

--Brownstain is having to borrow and beg money from unions, DGA, and Bloombat

--Buster tried the O'MAO tar and feather strategy that beat Ehrlich and it failed miserably

--No one among the Ds expected Hogan to surge

--The BS's "endorsement" was weak sauce, and basically was because Brownstain is a black Dem, so they had no choice. It also praised Hogan for fresh ideas, and being competent. But...

--Lee is scratching his head at the race-hate campaign literature, and agreed that Rs would be skewered for anything like that. He called it equivalent to a Willie Horton strategy

There's probably more that'll come to me later...

Mr H

Banana'd
    Something else I heard later in the day...

The Mizeur camp offered to co-brand some of her messages and do cooperative campaigning for the General, and The Brownstain Gang blew her off, instead deciding to ride the tattered coattails of O'MAO and go negative.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Something else I heard later in the day...

The Mizeur camp offered to co-brand some of her messages and do cooperative campaigning for the General, and The Brownstain Gang blew her off, instead deciding to ride the tattered coattails of O'MAO and go negative.

She wrote a letter in the Sun, today,asking her supporters to support Brown and NOT write her name in as a protest vote. So I guess in the end they really do all stick together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom