Pretty cool! Takes M9 Beretta Mags

http://www.legacysports.com/m-1-9mm-carbine

Legacy_Sports_Citadel_M1-9mm_Wood.jpg

Legacy_Sports_Citadel_M1-9mm_Blk.jpg

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I like the idea a lot. I love my PC9 and wanted something that used beretta mags but didn't like the beretta carbine. Have you gotten to handle one?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I like the idea a lot. I love my PC9 and wanted something that used beretta mags but didn't like the beretta carbine. Have you gotten to handle one?

No I just found out about them. I think I want to get one, but I just finished my 9mm AR so Im tapped out.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    It would be awesome if they made one in 357 Magnum, similar ballistics to 30 carbine but more power than 9 mm and more available ammo than 30 carbine. Or better yet 44 magnum like the carbine Ruger used to make.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have been waiting to see one of these in person since they were introduced at Shot. Little worried about it given Citadel's reputation with the M1 22

Love the weight, feel, length of a M1 carbine and taking M9 mags to match my Beretta is a plus.

I was hoping this would be the post where Master Chad had taken one apart and was giving it the thumbs up! Guess we will have to wait for that.

Glad to see they are finally out at least so we can start getting some market feedback.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    It would be awesome if they made one in 357 Magnum, similar ballistics to 30 carbine but more power than 9 mm and more available ammo than 30 carbine. Or better yet 44 magnum like the carbine Ruger used to make.

I was thinking 10mm...

Does this use an actual m1 carbine type of gas system or does it just look like it?
    EDIT: Nevermind, on the link it states blowback action.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Probably blowback if you went to anything more than a 10 mm you d probably need a gas system. You need a HUGE heavy bolt to run blowback with higher power rounds. Hi Points pistols are all blowback which is why they look so disproportioned. In a rifle, you can get away with it up to a 45 ACP or maybe a 10 mm. Ive seen people rechamber Hi Point Carbines to 10 mm before, I assume still running the blowback system. 357 or 44 mag would require a gas system I presume. The 44 mag Desert Eagle and the 44 mag Ruger Carbine both have gas systems.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You think Citadel/Armscor would have done it in 45ACP and utilized 1911 mags first but the 9mm makes sense given the proliferation of Beretta 92 mags.

In 45 then we would be talking some serious chit since I always wanted a cabine paired to my slab slide. The Marlin Camp 45 never felt sturdy enough for my taste. I always wished that Ruger would have done a PC45 to pair with my P90.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    oooh.......If it takes a standard stock, drop it in a paratrooper, thread it for a can......

who needs a 9mm AR...... :D

I may be able to save myself some bucks, although I'd have to figure out what to do with that leftover lower.....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Agreed. If it was threaded it would be sweet with a can, but since its blowback heavier recoil springs should be used to prevent it from beating itself to death of having extraction issues.

Rockchucker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2013
    Millersville
    Those are easily as cool as a Highpoint carbine maybe even cooler.....I mean if you have popped collars it's cool :lol2:

Attachments

• Popped_Collars_MP_by_DragonOfDestiny.jpg
      Popped_Collars_MP_by_DragonOfDestiny.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 754

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

Rimmed cartridges should be avoided in semi auto rifles when possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom