• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatornick

Apr 6, 2013
    First off sorry no pics. I didn't feel comfortable snapping pics in the store. I was in a LGS this morning and they had a rifle labeled as a Polish M98 for $270. It was a scrubbed mauser that seemed to be all matching serials on bolt receiver and floor plate. I have been researching it and the stock seems more like a WZ-29. The scrubbing seems indicative of SCW. There are Z markings in circles and squares which seem polish, and the stock has a dovetail which seems polish. Beech wood is my best guess. No other real markings I could distinguish. What do you guys think? I kind of liked it as I am partial to polish weapons, but I don't know enough about this one. I might drive back over there and look at it again.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'd need to see pictures of the condition to make a good determination but I think $270 is a fair price for a scrubbed SCW wz.29. If the numbers match that is a plus. If it speaks to you and you like Polish/SCW weapons, go for it, but make sure it hasn't been "improved" by Bubba first. Bore condition is very important also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom