• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It is not lost on us at all. If you actually had a workable battle plan on how to regain our rights more of us might actually be willing to get involved.

Apply, deny, appeal is not a plan....scribbling on the AG's facebook page like little children is not a plan....running around with empty holsters is not plan.

Some here are like lemmings and will follow blindly like rebels charging up Little Round Top.....some of us are not........

So long as you continue to assume that everyone pro 2a MUST be pro carry you can't succeed.

you can not be pro 2a and be against carry. it does not work that way. how is it that you think you can infringe on my 2a rights while proclaiming yours?

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't see where that says I must sit in my house if I want to protect myself.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    It is not an assumption it is a fact. If you do not support the Right of everyone to carry, you do not fully understand the 2A. It's not something you have to exercise yourself.

Also, though it is a matter of semantics, the phrasing is important. We are not "regaining a Right". The Right exists and can be neither won nor lost. It is a matter of getting the State to recognize the Right without Revolution 2.0.

Call it what you will, doesn't change the facts. There is a serious lack of interest in getting folks fired up over getting the state to recognize that right.

Why do you think that is?

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    you can not be pro 2a and be against carry. it does not work that way. how is it that you think you can infringe on my 2a rights while proclaiming yours?

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't see where that says I must sit in my house if I want to protect myself.

It is not me you need to convince, I believe you have the right to carry.

You have to convince me why I should take up your fight for the right when you don't have a convincing battle plan.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    It is not an assumption it is a fact. If you do not support the Right of everyone to carry, you do not fully understand the 2A. It's not something you have to exercise yourself.

Also, though it is a matter of semantics, the phrasing is important. We are not "regaining a Right". The Right exists and can be neither won nor lost. It is a matter of getting the State to recognize the Right without Revolution 2.0.

:party29:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It is not me you need to convince, I believe you have the right to carry.

You have to convince me why I should take up your fight for the right when you don't have a convincing battle plan.

Because evil triumphs when good men do nothing. If you keep waiting for the wind to prevail in the exact direction you want, you'll be sitting at the dock forever.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Call it what you will, doesn't change the facts. There is a serious lack of interest in getting folks fired up over getting the state to recognize that right.

Why do you think that is?

Because even in states where there is no barrier to carry, the participation rate is extremely low. The Czech Republic is shall issue, yet gun ownership rate there is very low.

So the reason why, is not many consider carrying a gun, that simple. No excuse to deny others, but once Maryland went the may issue route, just not enough meaningful voices here to turn it around.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Call it what you will, doesn't change the facts. There is a serious lack of interest in getting folks fired up over getting the state to recognize that right. Why do you think that is?

People simply don't understand. Everyone lives their comfortable lives, and have no concept of tyranny and Liberty. They don't think what has happened in history to the complacent or weak can happen again. We are way too modern for that. It's sad. I don't disagree that people won't get fired up over it. I just think that means you don't truly get it. The litmus test of understanding is whether it moves you.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    People simply don't understand. Everyone lives their comfortable lives, and have no concept of tyranny and Liberty. They don't think what has happened in history to the complacent or weak can happen again. We are way too modern for that. It's sad. I don't disagree that people won't get fired up over it. I just think that means you don't truly get it. The litmus test of understanding is whether it moves you.

The only place it is going to move me is to South Carolina in a few years....

I don't buy into your litmus test......seems like few do......

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

People agreeing to pay income and various other taxes the way congress sets them makes gun rights problems a grain of sand in comparison. People go with it because of the paradigm they accept. Banning guns or various other restrictions is another paradigm accepted by very many. Both are a form of power government uses to control.

I don't understand your litmus test though. One can understand without moving.

The only place it is going to move me is to South Carolina in a few years....

I don't buy into your litmus test......seems like few do......

Wow, beat me by a few minutes..

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Too bad, really. Not surprised in the least.

Why? Since you haven't defined what you mean by 'moved', how does anyone pass the test....'moved' could mean anything from a phone call to my legislators to storming the Statehouse....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why? Since you haven't defined what you mean by 'moved', how does anyone pass the test....'moved' could mean anything from a phone call to my legislators to storming the Statehouse....
    So you were actually moved to do something?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've grown fond of the LR. Question now is though, what exactly will work?

Letter writing,... no
    Ask me about my empty holster? Nope.

?

That is the $64k question. While Maryland is a bit of a different animal I think there is much to be learned from those that have reversed the tide in other states.

We're open to ideas guys.....

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    So you were actually moved to do something?

With regard to carry, nothing more than letting my representatives know my feelings on SB100. Back in 2013 my son and I spent untold hours in Annapolis. Never missed a hearing.

We're open to ideas guys.....

I know you are. As I said yesterday, I really don't have any. I don't know the magic formula for sparking interest in something that few are interested in.

Maybe you need an infomercial...:)

I'm sure it is frustrating to you and your members. If you can't spark interest within this group, you have no chance with the general public.

I'm also sure that if carry was important to me, like most, I would take the path of least resistance and move the 30 miles up the road to Pennsylvania.

My concerns are that the approaches some of your supporters are using toward your goals are going to eventually have a negative impact on gun hobbyists and hunters.

To that end, I am moved to protest those tactics that I believe will impact me as a gun hobbyist.

Dec 31, 2012
    My concerns are that the approaches some of your supporters are using toward your goals are going to eventually have a negative impact on gun hobbyists and hunters.

To that end, I am moved to protest those tactics that I believe will impact me as a gun hobbyist.

Negative impacts? How so? Have any laws or restrictions been put in place that hinder 'your' hobby because of in person protests, meeting attendance, or letter mailing?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm pretty sure he's referring to the HPRB which is definitely an unknown future / effect at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom