Can I send out auto for work while pending?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    I stumbled into a great deal on a full auto converted colt 9mm smg. I want to send it to M60joe to do a little sprucing and herein lies my question. Can I have the lower sent out while it is at/in my FFL SOT's possession and I am waiting on the ATF process? That way when it clears to me it will be nice and ready for what I intend to do to it...

Anyone know definitevly if that is able to be done? Thanks.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Couldn't say for certain, but logic says to me, "How can you send something out if you don't technically posses it yet?"

Maybe there's a way, but I don't know.

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    I guess since it is actually in my ffl's possession after first transfer they would have to agree while I am pending? Not sure. Just opining here.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Yes you can. Just have your SOT send it out to get the work done. I've done it a number of times. And congratulations on that Colt 9mm. I was watching that auction and you got it at a great price. :thumbsup:

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Yes you can. Just have your SOT send it out to get the work done. I've done it a number of times. And congratulations on that Colt 9mm. I was watching that auction and you got it at a great price. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes, that is the one. I actually saw and researched it quickly and threw a low bid up on there at the last minute and got it. Will go great with a DOE upper I have. Going to do the small hole conversion and clean it up... Along with adding auto on the happy switch.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I almost put in a bid on that auction also. Are you going to keep it in the 9mm pinned configuration?

My Colt RR is with Joe right now for the same small hole conversion. BTW, he doesn't do engraving, but will fill in and level off the other selector engravings so that the new engraving will all match. I asked about having auto engraved on mine also. I'll just get it done locally.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Can you pm me a good one please? Also, what 5" 9mm smg barrel do you recommend to hang my octane 9 on for this? Thanks.

It was just a word of caution.

I don't know enough about 9mm AR Barrels to make a recommendation. As far as engraving goes just heck places reputation first. Nothing like an engraver jacking up a RR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom